Y&R Discussion Thread: Week of June 11th

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Nick's expected appearance was the only thing worth mentioning. But by the time he returns, I'm sure Phyllis will have bed hopped between Jack and Brad by then. If Sharon is wise, she'll contact a lawyer and bank on Jack's inability to get that wench's vise like grip off his goodies.

Speaking of Jack, it's amazing what my personal opinion of Peter Bergman has effected my reaction to his character. :rolleyes: TeamVictor.

The writers are making it very obvious that Jack is Summer's child. They're as subtle as a mack truck.

I'm beyond frustrated that the Fisher's have gotten away with their crap once more because of Bardwell's stroke. It's all a bunch of bullshit.

I don't know why I even bothered watching today.

• Members

Sharon and Phyllis were hilarious today. I couldn't believe it when Phyllis asked Sharon to pick her up some custerd. LMAO. Sharon acting all fake nice is the best. She should have just laid her cards on the table and told Jack and Phyllis that if Phyllis is going to stay in her house a nurse needs to be hired. That not doing so is the problem. I really want to smack Jack for not seeing why Sharon would have a huge problem with this. I kind of wish they would stop mentioning that Jack was Nick's step Dad. It just makes him being Noah's step Dad kind of skeevy.

I hate the way Brad is always around Sharon. He's the one who did Victoria the favor of letting her be his second choice :rolleyes: , when Sharon tried to stop him before the wedding. Now that things didn't go his way he wants her to rack up another divorce and upset Noah's apple cart all over again. :angry: BTW Brad, who would want to be your friend, you selfish bastard??!!

• Members

Although our views on Phyllis differ we're in totally agreement regarding the Fishers. I just don't get it. Do the writers really think we enjoy watching Gloria get away this crap? The sad part is that I liked heck even LOVED Kevin and Michael. Then she came alone and destroyed all the potential they had. I mean especially Kevin. If there was anyone I wanted to be redeemed on this show it was him. Yet they keep having him make the same stupid decisions hes been making for the last few years. GLORIA NEEDS TO DIE. I'm so tempted to NOT watch Y&R for the entire week because of this Bardwell stroke crap but my favorite man Nicholas Newman is BACK! And I can't resist not finding out what happens with him and Phyllis (who I doubt is gonna sleep with Jack). MAYBE Brad and if that happens I'll scream to the high heavens. Although it does have potential. Two former deadly enemies all of sudden discover the anger and loathing between them is transformed into passion and fire.

If Summer is Jack's child I'm gonna implode....lol.

No really. CBS Daytime will hear from me personally if that happens.

• Members

I do. I think Gloria and the rest of the Fishers are funny as hell. I love watching them get into one mess after another and constantly scheming to cover their asses. It's not as if Gloria is living the good life, living with a sword hanging over your head all the time isn't easy.

I can't think of anything more disgusting. The only thing I would find interesting about it is seeing Sharon go crazy when Phyllis gets her hooks into another of Sharon's men. Also seeing if Sharon stands up and fights for Brad, although honestly, Sharon can do soooo much better.

I imagine they'll hear from the entire Phick fanbase if that happens, but I still expect it will. It's the obvious way to create conflict and drama, so of course it's going to happen. Even though long term it would be much more interesting to see Sharon and Phyllis clash over their children and their interests as Newman heirs. That would create years of drama as opposed to the quick bang of having Jack find out he's the father. I've always thought that Hope should have stayed in town and fought Nikki for Victor Jr's. place in the family. Nikki doesn't have a truly great rival on the show and she should, imo.

• Members

I see your first point and you're right about it being comical. If not in a "I want to die out of agony" type of way...lol. It is hysterical to watch them run after one another to try and cover their tracks. But for me the funny antics don't outweight the obvious and disgusting disrespect that they've show the Abbots and especially John. Gloria deserves nothing but the worst for all eternity.

Lol as soon as I posted the thing regarding Phyllis and Brad I realized just how disgusting and impossible it would be for that to ever happen. Theres just nothing to bring these two together. Unless Nick and Sharon betrayed them!? That could work right? And in that moment of betrayal the two enemies decide to put aside thier differences and get revenge on the two.

Jack being Summer's father would be great drama and normally I'd approve but this is Phyllis and Nick we're talking about here. I just don't want this child to be Jacks. It would be an abomination in my eyes. And like you said seeing Summer and Noah fight for control of Newman Enterprises would be great. I mean after all given Victoria's track record with kids there going to be the only young Newman's on the show in the next few years.

• Members

Oh how I wish that were true! I don't hate LML as much as a lot of people here do, but I will admit that the show is plot point driven to a fault. It would not surprise me one bit if P&B were mucking it up six months from now. It doesn't have to make sense from a character standpoint. If it drives a plotline, it'll happen. That's the major compalaint I have with LML. Characters are written inconsistantly one day from the next nevermind months!!

I'd like to see Noah and Summer love each other, but have Phyllis and Sharon pushing them to try to get ahead at each other's expense or something like that. Whatever continues the Sharon/Phyllis rivalry, which I love. You know I actually think Victoria is going to have this baby. I just wish it were JT's, instead of Brad's.

Oh, and welcome back to the board ATWTCarOn4Ever! It's always great to have another Y&R poster, even if we don't always agree.

Archived