ATWT: Friday June 8th discussion

• Members

Didn't it look fab today?!! I'm not a huge fan of Martha's, but Maura looked thrilled to be having a scene with her.

I couldn't help but think she left one name off her list of losses.....Hal. :(

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Susan was indeed great today! The scenes today were written as much from her point of view as from Emily's. Also, I, too, liked the Lily and Carly scenes, and the Carly/JJ scene.

About Simon, I think it's good to see Carly still talking about missing him. You may not like that she and Simon fell in love, but that's what we as viewers saw a few months ago. It's happened, it can't be zapped away. For the show to turn around and not acknowledge that, and pretend that Carly has somehow just deleted her feelings for him from her life, would be bad writing.

• Members

No, I as a viewer, did not see Carly fall in love with Simon. Whether they were "in love" or not is kind of beside the point. The point is, Carly STILL doesn't acknowledge that relationship was flawed from the beginning, insanely bad for her personally, and destructive to this very day to her kids.

The ONLY good thing about her rose-colored memories, is that she's CHOSEN her children over him, finally. And hopefully completely. (Of course, unless or until TAIC can slurp Paul Leyden enough to lure him back, GOD FORBID. The thing I like most about all these returns is that it ties up money they can't offer Leyden. How's that for twisted?)

• Members

I never bought it either as a viewer that she loved him. Cared about him yes, but I never bought the love. I would have been much happier if she had realized that too, but I am at least happy that she came home becuase her kids were far more important to her. I'm just not convinced that JP isn't trying to totally destroy Jack and Carly. Even if she manages to do that, and she is off to a good start, it still will never make Kack a couple with any potential for the majority of the fans.

• Members

Sigh...neither am I. JPiss seems hell-bent on running Carjack completely off the tracks to the point we're supposed to forget everything they ever were. Having faith that she will ultimately have them fall back in love is hard to come by, that's fo' shizzle.

But, I guess if that was the plan, Carly and Jack wouldn't even cross paths, ala Em/Paul, Dusty/Meg or Mike/Jen (when she was alive).

• Members

Even once is too much. I can't get over the badness that is Gleo. Someone make it stop. I think it's Thursday's show I'm watching right now and every time I hear Cleo's voice I practically break my neck getting to the remote. I'm glad to hear Friday's show is much better because Thursday is Just. So. Bad.

• Members

I don't understand why Brad is getting bitched at. Katie laid her cooch on that counter, releasing all types of fungus and STD's. That set is a biohzard.

Why is Brad a peeping tom? Don't COPS take in people for doing the nasty in inappropiate places. IIRC, weren't Jack and Carly almost busted once for doing it out in the open?????

• Members

Si....but after getting her four days/week this winter, one serving of Jen Landon is refreshing. I just wish Will were on more, and NOT interacting with his wife.

Sigh...because St.Katie the Virtuous gets to berate everyone. She nearly took Brad's balls off for unwrapping Vienna in her coughofficecough, didn't she? When he first started at WOAK? Katie must think everyone should be thrilled to "share" in her newest conquest, by eating off that counter. I love Jack, but Brad is doing exactly what Jack's done to him since returning to town. Jack just doesn't like to be on the receiving end of a lecture.

A cop once stopped a groping sesssion of Carjack's. At least they were gonna do it on/in their own car. Not somewhere people eat off of.

Gallerytnt.net probably has the clips up.

• Members

I also had to wonder why it was so far fetched that Brad could come into the office to work at night, where we had actually seen him earlier, but it was fine for Katie. Brad had to be a stalker and only Katie could actually be working. Give me a break! Now Jack is becoming as self-centered as Katie and thinking the world revolves only around them!

Where was Brad supposed to be that night anyhow? Clearly Jack doesn't want him around Carly, but yet Brad lives at the farm where the original plan was to have Carly spend the night with the kids. Hmmmm seems Jack didn't think that one out so well!

• Members

I've always believed that Susan Stewart is the unsung hero of ATWT. It's hard to believe that MM started playing the role in 1968! She still conveys such passion and humanity in the role. Those scenes with KMH was among the best for the show this year. When given the screen MM certainly comes through. When Emily asked Susan why she kept drinking (in response to Susan asking Emily when she was do something so destructive as hooking) .... I got the sense that Susan is going back on the bottle this summer. This is what make Susan such a great character, she is a flawed human being. (Now if we get some scenes with Susan/Kim/Bob -- talk about a bonus. Maybe Kim helping Susan through this rather than Bob. Would be an interesting twist based on their history.)

Archived