DAYS: Did EJ really shoot John?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yep. Just like Sami called him "another pawn on the Dimera chessboard" when Tony tried to take her baby and EJ admitted he knew he was conceived just to be a pawn in his father's schemes a week later talking to Tony.

Whether people like it or not (I do) he's sort of being written as the new John Black.

• Members

I dont really know what Tek was reaching for. A cell phone, a non existant gun, nothing... Im just pretty happy that he's no longer on the show!

And yes. Im sick of the way EJ walks around and everyone knows he raped Sami, but he doesnt admit it and he hasnt gotten in trouble for it! WTF

• Members

In actuality, EJ being involved in the gloved hand crimes at all was a rewrite as they were originally meant to have been committed by Tek or Jan Spears so what does the pawn emphasis now that TPTB are going in a new direction for the character have to do with anything?

And what does the rape have to do with the title of this thread or the discussion we are having here? Ugh. Why do some people have to ruin every thread about Days with this stupid rape debate?

• Members

Nope. Sorry, Kennifer! Not seeing it at all. He didn't loook at all concerned when he briefly looked past John. In fact, it was easily as trivial as his eyes simply darting past the object he was focusing on.

I won't put it past TPTB to do it anyway, but like Toups, I'm against this 100%. And I support EJami. I support an EJami that has real obstacles. Almost impossible obstacles. It's what makes them ten times more interesting than their chemistry alone. He raped her and shot her 'father'. She worked with the police to screw him over. They fit together for the same reasons she and Lucas did -- they're both just so very bad.

Anyone notice that EJ told him about his secret assassin off-screen? Can't be Steve. It'd be shocking, sure, but Steve's also too obvious. He's recently back in town, it's difficult to be too trusting of the man. It's so Roman. Hence John's shock, and Elvis' comment about it being as shocking as if it were dear, sweet Alice Horton.

Back on topic- I support the redemption of EJ Wells. I support the theory that he was nothing more than a soldier, just like John. Unlike John, his memories weren't wiped (unless he turns out to be someone who isn't Elvis, then he really is John-lite). Suddenly, he meets this woman who puts the kink of all kinks in his plans. He continued with his plans, ever struggling, although the writing for Elvis didn't start showing it until recently. Sami was the sweet surprise he didn't need, but can't resist. To reverse his shooting John and/or feel that the rape was a mistake (aside from the fact that it's sadly not being dealt with) is a weak man's redmeption, IMO. This character can be dangerous and still have a heart.

• Members

I really hope they re-visit this and don't leave it as Steve was the secret assassain because the clues don't fit. Why would they make a point of EJ telling John off-screen, only to have John pointing the finger at Steve a couple days later in the hospital? Plus, like you said, Steve had been out of town for years and also had a huge memory lapse, so he wouldn't have been shocking. John looked very shocked and even had tears in his eyes so the assassain has to be someone close to him. I've been convinced for months that it's Roman.

Archived