DAYS: Did EJ really shoot John?

• Members

Check out this clip. We don't actually see EJ pulling the trigger. He's aiming the gun, and then you hear a gunshot. Immediately after John is hit, EJ is looking back behind John, as if he sees someone. When we cut out to Tek, he goes to grab his gun but realizes he doesn't have it (stolen gun?) and takes off. Remember, right before this scene, Lexie and Tek were together talking... is it possible that Lexie took Tek's gun and she's the one who shot John? If not, it's entirely possible that someone else did.

Of course, we weren't looking at all these details at the time. But in retrospect, with EJ still declaring his innocence in the shooting of John, it's interesting to look back and see all the clues -- intentional or unintentional -- that were thrown into the scene.

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

He wasn't looking behind John.

It was more of a "John's been shot, I have to get out of here" look to the side.

Good point here. What was Tek reaching back for? A missing gun? Hmm.....

I don't see how it's possible that anyone else shot John. That shed was pretty small, and John wasn't shot in the back.

If they rewrite this to make EJ look "good," I'll shake my head in disgust.

• Members

Interesting. And Plausible. I didn't even realize what Tek was going for but it was obviously his gun and Lexie could of swipped it off of him in the car thinking she could use it on him to leave her alone and then saw the John/EJ thing and was attempting to shoot EJ but missed and shot John instead.

• Members

I have never thought EJ shot John. And I noticed the Tek thing a long time ago. It's funny though because it's all about perception. Kenny sees Tek looking for a missing gun. I thought it looked more like Tek sticking something in his pants, like maybe he shot John and stuck his gun back there and is running away.

Of all the impossible things that happen on this show, you're complaining because there's a chance that the dark shadowy boathouse could have contained a hidden shooter who fired the shots at John that we never saw?

Well if they use the footage they have already given us, it's not rewriting. And in any event it would not be rewriting him to be good, it would be rewriting him to be innocent. But seriously, what kind of soap storyline has a shooting happen and have it be the most obvious suspect who is responsible for it? I don't understand why there wasn't more skepticism for this from the get-go.

• Members

It was Steve. EJ was planning to use Steve to kill Bo (as the secret assassin), which we saw in Tinda Lau, and then I'm guessing that EJ was going to murder Steve afterwards.

• Members

I'm thinking more and more that Lexie is the culprit.

John picked up that board and was about to knock EJ senseless with it. I could easily see Lexie pulling the trigger in order to save her brother. It wouldn't be the first time she did something shady for her family!

• Members

Ooh, you're right! It happens so quick and you never see Tek's hand before it goes behind his back -- only pulling his hand out afterwards. I suppose his look of confusion (hence he thinking 'missing gun') could've just been the actor's way of conveying "mystery," LoL

That would also make sense in the theory that John was shot in his frontal side, which is where Tek was located.

As for "rewriting" it to make EJ look like the bad guy, I don't consider it a re-write when the material is all there from the start. There are clues in the scene, all of which make sense. It's what we soap viewers like to call a "twist," LoL. Amazing if it was planned from the start and they actually threw all of those clues into the scene intentionally! If it wasn't intentional, well... they still have a perfect chance to add another dimension to the story by picking up on them.

• Members

Back then Abe took Tek off the force so when I saw him reach for his gun and it not being there I thought it was because he had to give his gun and badge up? Maybe? Idk

I hate how they are trying to turn EJ good. I despise him!

and I despise EJami so I may be hated on this board! lol

But I hope u all welcome me with open arms! LoL

• Members

I've watched that clip several times and still don't see EJ "looking behind" John. I see him glance momentarily to the side as if to check whether he's been spotted but that's it. Also, since John was shot on the frontal side, the *other* shooter would have had to be located somewhere behind or to the side of EJ. Yet the latter made no movement to turn around. The only explanation for this would be EJ knowing that another sniper was stationed in the boathouse (in which case he would still be complicit in the crime, just not the actual shooter).

• Members

It isn't a rewrite since EJ never admitted to shooting John and because this clip shows there is room for a second person. Secondly, it wouldn't make EJ look good; he was (and is) still shifty and devious and has been involved in a few horrible plans (Steve's brainwashing, terrorizing Sami, etc.)--just not this one. :)

Archived