DAYS: Thursday, June 7

• Members

Oh, he is so faking. They made a point of him getting up after no one but the viewers could see him. The moment was almost Reilly-esque, except so much better. I mean, he went from barely conscious and repeating himself in the ambulance to in a wheelchair, chatting with John like old times!

Lucas, get off your damn high horse and stop acting so jealous. It's annoying.

I really wanted John to go after Elvis. Those scenes were too great.

Loved Marlena's scenes with Belle and them delving into the S/B/P triangle's psychology. Am I the only one finds it odd that Sami didn't know Belle was home until now?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That's kind of how I feel about lines like that too AS LONG AS they never use that line ever ever again. Once is fine. Twice is unacceptable. It pissed me off how they recycled "pry it from my cold, dead hand" to have it said two weeks in a row at Tinda Lao.

And stop with the yelling Lucas. We get it. You're angry. You're concerned. You're frustrated. But there are ways to convey that besides the yelling at whoever you are in the scene with whatever situation you are in. Thanks.

I love Tony so much right now.

• Members

Agreed. I don't know if he's been told to shout all of his lines like this, or if it's just an acting choice from Bryan Dattillo. Either way, I don't like it. Shouting the lines is such a lazy, tired, expected approach, IMO.

• Members

I never cared to much for Stefano but I must admit that salute at the end was really great!

Loved

JOHN and STEFANO/JOHN and EJ: Stefano respects John more than Tony or EJ.

NICK and CHELSEA: When Nick went to bat for Chelsea, questioning WHY her dad and uncle didn't believe her. Well even though I understand WHY they don't Nick's love for her makes my heart melt!

Not so much

MARLENA and BELLE

BO and CHELSEA: Why was Bo saying he was so proud of Chelsea? She lied again! The scene just felt forced. If he just said he believed her it would have been much better.

LUCAS: I understand his concerns for Sami and the baby. He is just going about it all wrong. She's going to do it anyway, so if you help her like she asked she wouldn't keep turning to EJ. Stop treating her like a child. When he dragged her off the porch today I was like WTH!!!!

• Members

Lucas (screaming): "Sami I love you!! Don't do this!! Drop it!! Don't go after the DiMeras!!"

Lucas (tenderly): "Sami. [takes hands] I love you. Don't--don't do this. Drop it. Don't go after the DiMeras. [single tear down cheek]"

• Members

There was once an article about some new fancy computer/editing machine they bought and use for everything. It´s almost impossible to do these effects with an analog videotape, but it´s very easy when everything is digital. So I doubt they pay anything more for it. It´s just something the editor loves and uses.

• Members

I can't wait for that fancy computer/editing machine to break down! Christ almighty. The editor needs to be fired and shot repeatedly for that bullsh!t.

It takes me out of the scene everytime. There I am, all excited for the cliffhanger and the final shot... adrenaline is pumping... the music is heightened, the drama is raised... then WHAM! SPECIAL EFFECT! And immediately, I'm thrown out of the story, which causes the final scene to be weakened. It's a distraction! Everyone who watches a soap opera knows that nothing should distract from the story -- not a loud/busy set... not the ugly drapes in the background... not the coffee pot on the counter... NOTHING. Not only that, but they choose to do this as the worst possible time -- THE CLIFFHANGER ENDING! The scene that's supposed to "leave you hanging" in order to come back and watch tomorrow ends up getting watered down due to flashy purple colors distracting you in the background. I've gotten to the point now where I'm not even really paying attention to what's being said on the screen in the last thirty seconds... I'm just wondering to myself, "I wonder what sh!tty effect we'll get today?" Then, only after I've seen the crappy effect, do I bother to re-wind the tape in order to see what I missed while my mind was on the anticipation of a crappy effect before. Why, why, why?

Someone needs to be FIRED. Now.

• Members

AHHH! He finally said it!

Stefano: ...Maaaaaallleennnaa.

Loved it! :D :D :D

And I cracked up when John said about Marlena dancing on Stefano's grave, and Stefano gave him a friendly punch in the chin. Drake and Joe still have it! Now, bring on Dee and Joe.

• Members

I love when Marlena goes all psychotherapy on people. I wish they would show her more in her professional role. Deidre Hall has such a soothing voice and I could see her being a real psychiatrist. Am I the only one surprised by Marlena's putting down Shawn and praising Philip? I thought she was a SHELLE supporter along with Hope. Apparently not. Marlena wants her daughter to have a stabile life and she obviously sees that being with Philip rather than jump-the-gun Shawn.

• Members

What is up with Roman? That was such bizarre behavior from him today. I'm more and more certain that there's something going on with him. I thought Bo's "I'm proud of you" line to Chelsea was a little strange, too, unless maybe he meant he was proud because she finally fessed up instead of leaving Nick holding the bag.

Tony gets the best lines! I loved the phone call from Lucas..."that rude little twit". Then when Lucas was breaking things..."when the 10 year old is finished throwing his tantrum". And John saved the bottle of wine; evidently a '45 Rotschchild is pretty special. Lucas was acting obnoxious and tiresome again. I wish Sami would stand up to him more, especially today when he took her arm and pulled her away from EJ. Okay, he's jealous and scared for her, but he doesn't need to scream (didn't we just go through this with Philip?), throw things and manhandle his pregnant wife. Instead, he needs to calm down and listen for a change.

All the Stefano scenes were wonderful. I think he's faking this illness. In the ambulance, he could barely talk and was in an oxygen tent; then a few minutes later he's walking across the room and pouring a drink. Yesterday, Rolf told Tony that Stefano's condition was deteriorating rapidly. Clearly, he has some agenda he's working; can't wait to find out what he's up to! I think there's clearly more to this feud than we know about so far, and it's very interesting that Grandpa Shawn knows all about it. Maybe that toy boat will resurface?

Marlena had some interesting insights for Belle today, but mostly I was annoyed by their scenes because I just wanted to get back to the Dimera Mansion and what was happening there.

• Members

I freaking love this show right now..its really rolling on all cylinders...I'm loving John back..Drake is getting awesome material..From the scenes with Stefano talking about Marlena dancing on his grave to pulling the knife on EJ..The dialouge was just excellent...I also really enjoyed Lucas calling his cell phone and Tony picking up, Tony is getting the best dialouge...

Sami's reunion with Belle was great at the end..Sami knew she was back, but just hasn't gotten a chance to see her yet...

Also i like that the truth came out about Chelsea, Nick and the hairbrush...The old chelsea would have continued to lie, but i liked that she was upfront with Bo...Great stuff..

Finally Stefano's salute at the end was wonderful, i'm so glad Steffy is back...

Archived