Days: Balance Campaign a Success!

• Members

4 months is not that bad. Trying going years without several vets getting a storyline. If you have watched AMC, GL, ATWT, OLTL, and GH for the last few years, you will be amazed at the amount of vets that have been phased out or are on recurring with no story or are even on contract and have no story. And it has been that way for years. It is way worse than what happen with Bope and J&M. Much, much worse.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am just chalking up the beginning of 2007 as an experiment gone wrong. It's like Corday and Hogie mixed some new elements together and it exploded, blowing their fingers off and spraying gore everywhere (ie: ratings tanking). Right now they are scrambling, gathering their fingers and attempting to stop the bleeding.

• Members

Well, I do, of course *g* (although I adore Bo & Hope and love John) but I don't expect everyone else to. And that's okay. It's why we need balance. Something for everyone :)

• Members

It helps that Stephen Nichols is a stronger actor than Reckell or Hogestyn. I didn't really like Steve & Kayla the first time around, honestly, Steve especially. But I'm really enjoying Nichols and Steve this time around.

• Members

I would take all three, thanks. There's a reason most fans want balance. :)

And just a word of advice- generally typing it all caps is regarding as yelling in the cyber world, and considered pretty rude. If you try to not type in all caps, I'd appreciate it. B)

• Members

Thanks for all the little stories from the event!

I dont feel steve and Kayla this run.SN is a strong actor but I thought he did some over acting during his crazy!Steve scenes.MBE I havent Felt at all since she returned,which is a shame cause I do think she's a great actreess.maybe it was just the storyline.

• Members

I've felt the same way, except for the occasional moments, xDayAddict. The same thing that happened to our other favorite golden girl (Jennifer). Save for a few bright spots, she sleptwalked her last tenure on the show, and I've seen little to show Kayla's going to be any different and that sucks. I love the character of Kayla. She's so fun to write for if you USE her right. This story was bad, no doubt, so hopefully they'll get better stuff.

• Members

they completly wasted Missy's talent and did nothing with her.DH started with making Jennifer nothing but a talk show host and JER killed the character by taking away her personality,making her a boring tea making stay at home mom who whines and does nothing active.not to mention the frankie crap that completly made no sense and I couldnt even defend Jennifer on it (Like I did during the episodes she slept with colin).I'm so glad Missy took her vacation time and told them she isnt staying a day longer.

anyway,back to steve and Kayla lol.. I am waiting to see if good writing can save them.and I'm just waiting for MBE to give some great acting I believe,not some laughable Emotional scenes I roll my eyes at.

• Members

This is good news. I had a feeling we would see more Steve/Kayla then we all thought. I also remember Wyman saying somewhere else that Days was going to be 80-like. I am so excited for this summer. Can't wait. The show needs balance and I am happy this fan campaign succeeded.

MBE's second time around has been much better then Missy. I love Missy but I did not agree with her decision to phone it in for the majority of her last year on Days (with the exception of June 1006-her exit, where she was superb). I know she hated JER and I agree with her frustration but she is actress and it's her job to do her best. SN and MBE did what they could with the "pawn" story and they were excellent.

Also, those stories were interesting. Thanks for posting :)

• Members

If you look at episode rankings that's really not true. They're near the bottom of the top 10 for the year. Regardless, I don't think it requires someone to be off-canvas or backburnered to recognize that better balance/use of characters would benefit the show.

Archived