Days: Balance Campaign a Success!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thanks for sharing the little stories. It is good to hear about Stephen and Mary Beth wanting to add stuff to the deprogramming episode. To be honest, that chair dragging kiss and Kayla holding Steve on the bed at the end were some of my favorite moments between them this year - and for various reasons these moments were examples of why I like Steve and Kayla so much as a couple. It is interesting that these great scenes were brought to us more by the actors, who obviously care about their characters and understand what fans like to see, rather than being written in and initiated by the writers and directors.

The same goes for Stephen not being willing to say certain dialogue that he believed was too out of character for Steve. I am glad to hear that Stephen and Mary Beth contine to be committed to the integrity of their respective characters.

As for the rehearsing, I wonder if it has been that way for awhile. I recall when Mary Beth went to GH, she was really surprised at how some of the actors with whom she was romantically paired did not want to rehearse and run lines ahead of time. She said that they just wanted to to "go fresh and with the moment" or something along those lines. It was hard for her to get used to because she and Stephen had always spent so much time running lines and rehearsing.

Archived