The Sarah Connor Chronicles: Discussion Thread

Toups

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Since when is Cromartie a liquid metal terminator? From the first episode he was an Arnold like version who even had a gun he tore out of his leg. He also went through quite an extensive skin re-growing process and had a face change done by a plastic surgeon. When the arm came through the Ellison terminator, I thought it was Shirley Manson's character pretending to be Cromartie since Ellison knew who and what he was. Then at the end they kill Cromartie and it is a liquid metal version. Did Sky Net replace the old model? While I understand wanting to use their special effects, they shouldn't do it at the expense of consistency.

• Members

I never had the impression that he was liquid metal. He punched a whole through that other terminator to get his power source and rip it out, but I don't think he had to liquefy to do that. Also, I think Cam blew a part of him away and maybe the heat from her weapon turned part of him liquid, but I don't think he could turn to liquid or change form when he wanted to. Two other terminators sort of melted when they were dying, but I don't think they were like Weaver either. We might find out more next week. I think Weaver may end up with his endoskeleton.

Poor show, I fear its days may be numbered. It's moving to Friday's in front of Dollhouse in February and it's numbers aren't that good. I don't think it's really lived up to it's potential, but I still thing it's a decent show and a nice change from the procedurals.

• 6 months later...
  • Members

At least he has a sense of humor about it. I liked the show a lot, but it was uneven. I guess I liked the concept but the execution was shaky at critical times. I'll miss it a lot. Sci Fi just doesn't fair well on Fox. I'm hoping the "V" remake does better on ABC, but I'm not counting on it.

Archived