Ladies I Need Your Opinion

LumiLove

• Members

Ive been to pregnancy boards and not getting any luck with responses so im hoping here ill have better luck. Heres my situation. My fiance and I have been trying to concieve for about 3 years now. My period is pretty irregular comes when it wants. Last month I got it on the 18/19. This month on the 17 I spooted just once really really lightly same thing a few days ago as well. Ive had cramps in the lower ab and cramps but not period cramps. Sometimes my breasts feel a little tender and thats about it. Yesterday I took a pregnancy test since I believe to be late and "feel pregnant" but it was negetive. Im still getting cramps but nothing to lead to a period. What are your thoughts/opinions. Thank You

Forget to add ive had bloody noses ... not like full out just a lil blood here and there and I read thats a sign of pregnancy too.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The cramps and bloody noses shouldn't be pregnancy symptoms. Cramps are something you definitely do not want to feel when pregnant, unless you're 9 months along and going into labor. I've also never heard of, or experienced myself, a bloody nose when pregnant. Some women feel a little cramping when they ovulate, though. The most common symptoms are nausea, fatigue, breast tenderness, and either an increase or decrease in appetite. Have you been to a doctor? Three years is a long time to try without results, but it took me 15 months the first time and the second was the result of one failed condom! So I'd advise you to check with your doctor to make sure there are no fertility problems (with you or your boyfriend); hopefully, there aren't and then you need to relax and let nature take it's course. Good luck!

• Members

my husband and I were trying for a second baby when I had to have a procedure done. So we went on vacation about the same time I was due to have a period. I started spotting and then nothing. When we came home, I had full on gushing but no cramps(not to be gross). Itr was really heavy bleeding for even for me and it lasted for about 10 days. So I called my doctor and he asked if there was any possibility that I could be pregnant. I said yes but that it seemed impossible since I was on my period. Well long story short, I took a trest in his office and it was positive. I had to do a lot of blood tests and ultrasounds to make sure it wasn't a miscarriage. Well, my son will be 1 on June 8th. It was a long road but well worth it.

Have you tried ovulation kits? I have irregular periods as well and they worked for me. Good luck!!!!

• Members

I wish I could help, but I've never been pregnant. Or wanted to be.

My suggestion would be to schedule an appointment with a doctor. In the interim, buy 3 pregnancy tests. Take all three and go with the majority results.

• Members

I've never been pregnant, but several woman I know recommend the book, "Taking Charge of Your Fertility." It teaches you how to chart your cycle in depth, even if you're irregular.

Of course, you should absolutely see a doctor and discuss your symptoms.

• Members

I am not a woman, however I am in the medical field and women's health is a special interest of mine.

Based on what you have said, you probably are not/were not pregnant. Home pregnancy tests are pretty sensitive these days. They measure HCG (human chorionic gonadotropin) in the urine. It is unlikely that a person would have symtoms of pregnancy before their HCG titre is high enough to be detected with one of these tests.

I don't really know enough about you to make a good guess as to why you are not getting pregnant. The fact that you have irregular menses suggests that you are not ovulating or at least not regularly. Anovulatory cycles tend to be erratic, which is why it is common in perimenopausal women. A fairly common cause of oligomenorrhea (irregular/infrequent periods) during the reproductive years is polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS). It is now considered a part of metabolic syndrome which is associated insulin resistance. Most women with this disorder tend to be overweight (especially around the waist) and may also have acne and some degree of hirsutism (hair growth). Infertility is common as is often why these women seek medical help. There are several ways of successfully treating it. These days, often one of the diabetic medications is given. Metformin (Glucophage) works pretty well; it can improve all of the symptoms as well as allow ovulation and pregnancy to occur. Sometimes Clomid ( a selective estrogen recepter antagonist or SERM) that is used as a fertility drug can be helpful. It is taken orally; although there is an increased chance of twinning with this drug, it is not usually associated with "large litters" like some of the other fertility drugs.

Three years is a long time not to conceive. I suggest that you get checked out by a gynecologist. Your fiance should also have a physicial exam and a semen analysis (sperm count, morphology and motility).

Good luck!

• Members

Youare/were probably not pregnant, I am sorry. Have you and your husband had fertitlity tests? My best friend wanted to have kids in the worst way. She and her husband were tested and told that they were fine, just to relax. Easier said than done I am sure. Someone told them to act like teenagers and try in the backseat of a car. Act like your parents are going to constantly catch you and laugh.

She now has three kids under the age of five. Good luck!

• Members

I think rxcat pretty much answered your question.

I also have a ton of experience with infertile patients and tx of them naturally and with medical intervention.

If you have been actively trying for 3 years and you haven't concieved then you should definitely seek some type of help. Even if you are young (fertile years: 21-32), 3 years is very long to not achieve some form of pregnancy. An irregular cycle could mean ovulatory problems, or more likely no ovulation at all. And the same should go for a questionable pregnancy, sometimes home pregnancy tests come back negative and a blood test for HCG and progesterone would show otherwise.

If your pregnancy test came back negative then you are more than likely not pregnant ( :( it is tough), only because you have already established that your cycles are irregular and the chances of ovulation are thus very slim. I wouldn't attribute physical symptoms to pregnancy. Hormonal abruptances often mimic pregnancy ones since you might even be feeling surges of estrogen (which is actually common in women who have irregular cycles) or even testosterone.

I've seen all of the pregnancy sites online and I agree sometimes it is hard to get an answer from them. If you feel like you need answers to anything just PM me, I'm pretty sure I can give you one :).

Archived