• Members

Hey King,

In all honesty, you should be able to jump right in. There is not one compelling story going on right now. Not one!

Bunch of pretty faces (check out Aiden - YOWZA)...

I do watch AMC, but it's really tough. As I said, if you are looking for some great stories, AMC is not the show for you. If you are looking for a show with loads of potential, jump right in. Outside of David Canary (Adam), Thorsten Kaye (Zach), Michael E. Knight (Tad) and possibly a few good performances by others, there is not alot of tremendous talent on the show.

Erica is always fabulous because she's...ERICA!

I am being totally honest here. I have watched soaps for 26 years, and AMC is not what it should be. I am possibly going to give soaps up altogether...

ANDREA

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, the show's in transition right now. By AMC's standards, it was decimated by McTavish over the last four years and there's a lot of work to be done to get it back to into shape. Characters need to be re-established, the Pine Valley universe needs to be relocated from Toon Town back to Real Town and the stories need to get back to dealing with character driven, human condition situations. Plus, the show has no head writer right now so it doesn't have a solid direction yet.

But like I said, McTavish did probably one of the worst numbers she's EVER done on this show during her last stint and unfortunately, because the show can't just go on hiatus, we have to watch as all the awkward kinks get tweaked, rewritten and smoothed out.

• Members

The EP is still JHC.

McT's last day was Zoe/Bianca's last day - the end of April. No head-writer has been announced officially - but Kay Alden has pretty much said she's working on the show....and its been rumored Stephen DeMorest and Addie Walsh are working with her closely.

The show is in transition - the last major storyline that just ended was Janet/Krystal/Tad/Jenny. Now we have Ryan/Annie and how they are being affected by Greenlee's return. Also - we have characters and relationships being rebuilt and restructured after McT screwed them all up.

So we have Aiden/Di, Jack/Erica and their reality TV show about divorce which is my favorite thing going on because it's showing how much they actually do love each other and is actually bringing them back together - and we have Zendall (Kendall is pregnant) - and we have Ava/Lily, the look-alike sisters who are completely different. Sean/Ava/Colby triangle is working. JR/Amanda are spending more time together - and Adam is on the outs with everyone, but he is very rootable and is the Adam we used to love before the Carey women got their hands on him. Speaking of the Carey's - Babe and Krystal are barely on now.

• Members

Are Lily and Eva blood related or is it one of those non-related lookalike storylines?

Also, is Lily Jack's biological daughter? I thought she was a runaway or something.

I recorded the Soapnet marathon last week. I'm on Monday's right now. It's actually not half bad.

• Members

Lily's real mom and dad are Denny and Laurel. Jack and Laurel killed Denny back in the 90's -- Laurel was killed later. Jack adopted Lily.

Ava's real mom and dad are Denny and ???. She is 20 - 2 years older than Lily. Aiden found her in Philly, hooking on the streets trying to get money to eat.

So they are half-sisters.

Archived