DAYS: Tidbits from Thaao's live blog...

• Members

Tidbits from Thaao's live blog tonight (5/17). Here are the more interesting pieces...

What's the upcoming feud going to be like?

Equally dark. I have a sense of what the story will be but I can't really say here. Most feuds always have great passion and mystery. And it's the unraveling of the DiMera history, and it will shine through that we're not always the dark ones.

On Tony...

I'm going to work on making Tony a little more human this time, but there are surprises coming and I they're going to be well written.

Will the DiMera Mansion be coming back?

It's just been refurbished; it looks fantastic, and I started last week in it. You'll see me on horseback and I also did some work with a samurai sword.

On stunts/accidents...

...the swords are always tricky. We did most of the stunts by ourselves. (I'm not sure if he's referring to the samurai sword scene that he just taped above, but I figured I'd include this just incase...)

Am I really Andre DiMera?

I can't say, but what I do know is that there are some surprises in store which I look forward to, but this is a new writer who has different ideas then the previous writers so I'm hoping that Tony is more Jekyll and Hyde then just Jekyll.

On working with people from Old Days vs. New Days...

It's wonderful! Joe (Mascolo) and I embraced and it was daddy time, I suppose. But I don't know what it's like working with the new people yet, except the E.J. character who is quite tall, and he's a decent and dedicated actor.

On who will be raising EJ's baby... (I assume he's talking about the baby Sami's carrying)

You'll know next week about who's raising the baby!

On the writers flirting with Marlena/Tony the last time...

Marlena will never get another chance to take Tony for a spin; I don't think that's what the fans want. You don't play around with established love stories. There's more fish in the sea then having to go after what's already taken.

Will E.J. and Tony get along?

I don't think so. I think it's classic rival. I think they're also fighting for the father's love.

On the upcoming summer story...

I'm excited that you're excited; we can never take those things for granted. I've grown since last time and my work as an actor is stronger than ever and that has to do with the journey I've taken. I hope you enjoy what we're going to put out. I'm sure, as my producer called us "the big guns," we'll certainly bring some old razzle dazzle to Salem again. I think the show was always at its best in the 80's and they'll bring that back and we have a chance to bring the show back to where it was, cause your heroes aren't great unless they have great villains. If we don't have that kind of duality going on, the audience won't get on the ride with you. You'll have to be patient, cause it's a new writer, but we have strong summer story we're all looking forward to.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

i love the bit about the Dimera mansion..So glad its back and refurbished...Also the horseback riding scenes should be fun..I'm so excited for the Dimera's to return..Keep posting the rest Kenny if you get a chance..

• Members

Everything sounds awesome. But am I the only one that thinks Thaao is sometimes full of himself? :)

Sounds like the Bradys aren't the saints they want everyone to believe they are.

Thank God! I hated Tony, the cartoon. These damn surprises are pissing me off because I think I know what the one surprise is. <_<

YAY! This kind of makes up for the selling of the penthouse, but not by much. :angry: I bet we don't see Chez Rouge for the majority of the summer.

:rolleyes:

• Members

LoL, I feel the same way. Fans were asking Days-related questions and he'd go off talking about some stupid movie he did that just premiered at Cannes or something, and how he's going to be on an Australian talk show in December because Days is huge downunder, and yadda, yadda, yadda.

Going on and on about how he's such a strong actor now.

Who cares? Answer the damn question!

OH! And someone asked him if the rumors of him loving "Alvin & The Chipmunks" were true, and his reply?

"Who are they? I don't know who they are."

Moron!

• Members

Oh, and for someone who thinks he's so intelligent and mature, I do wish he'd learn the different between "then" and "than."

Mixing the two up is one of my biggest pet peeves, and he did it more than once!

But hey, at least he didn't go off on some hourlong speech about how youth is useless. I guess he realized it was time for a change.

• Members

I wonder what he means by the DiMansion being "refurbished?"

I hope it's not some futuristic, high-tech looking piece of sh!t that they really don't have the budget to make look as good as it should. When I think of DiMansion, I think of dark woods and moody decor.

• Members

I like the sound of the story. Dark is much better then over the top. The horseriding and swordfighting sounds good. Bringing the show back to it's 80's roots is definitely the way to go IMO.

Glad about the Dimera mansion. By refurbished, I am sure he means they are rearranging Chez Rouge to get it back to Dimera mansion form.

It also sounds like we will see the Andre copout but Thaoo saying this writer has different ideas makes me optimistic.

He does sound awful full of himself. I like Thaoo but I never remember him being this bad. He always had a aura of cockiness but wow.

• Members

I wonder if Maggie will be moving back to Tuscany/Alice's since that set is a permant set and they won't have to reconstruct the DiMansion and Chez Rouge everytime they want to use one or the other?

Of course there's always The Penthouse Grill

At any rate, the gothic tones are a welcome return.

• Members

The DiMansion will probably just be Chez Rouge with the tables removed and a sofa thrown in. They probably won't bother to make actual changes. That's what Thaao meant when he said it had been re-vamped, LoL

Archived