ATWT: Friday Discussion

• Members

And pray tell what catasptrophe are you talking about? As for putting words in peoples mouth I've done nothing but respond to peoples comments on what I've said and defended my thoughts on the situation. When you show me where I've put words in someones mouth I'll apologize...until then you're completely wrong on that issue.

Last but not least did I say you or anyone else for that matter is a "bad person" for not agreeing with me? LOL thats putting words in someones mouth or a slight variation of it to say the least. And its comical seeing as how I JUST responded to winter about how he and the others can continue to say whatever they want to about the show since its their right.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't find it childish to use the Ignore feature. Just as there's a difference between being opinionated and obnoxious, there's knowing when to say "when" and let people co-exist when you don't agree. Everything I seem to say about Katie/Brad/Jack/Carly/Simon seems to annoy you, to the point you take it as an insult.

Just so we're clear, my annoyance/hatred of Katie and Simon predates the Simon/Carly and Katie/Jack involvements. Alone or together, I found both Katie and Simon to be badly fleshed out and somewhat "cookie cutter" characters, played by marginal actors, who lucked in to a fanbase. TIIC never knew what to do with them, and stuck them in one idiotic plot after another. Then TIIC brought back Simon for six months, and couldn't even figure out that the Skatie fans, who were pretty much the ones who kept the interest in Simon alive, deserved a Mike/Katie/Simon triangle...not some hackneyed diamond heist plot with Carly, when they knew PL had a limited amount of time and was unlikely to be able to come back to make the Simon/Carly hookup anything to truly root for. (I was personally hoping to get a soapy "who's the Daddy" story, then see Katie dumped by both guys, but they managed to kill that for me and the rest of Skatie/Matie haters too)

I can take or leave Brad and AP...and I never thought I'd have to watch another actor as wooden as Mark Collier, but TIIC managed to find one that's damn close. I think they're trying to make Brad the "sardonic wise ass, who tells the truth crudely" but he doesn't quite have the chops to pull it off.

Carly and Jack are the "money" couple, not only because they have history, but because Mike and Maura make them real. It doesn't come from the scripts, it just exists between them as actors. The TIIC are never afraid to break Carly and Jack up for long stretches. And as crazy as that makes me, it proves to me TIIC at least know how special Carly and Jack are.

My point about Kim and history was, that if TIIC needed to send Jack off to save K&B's asses, they could have had the dayplayer WOAK stage manager do it, and let Kim say goodbye to Casey. ATWT used to be about family, filled with "moments" where everyone (however "extended") gathered in good and bad times. It disappointed me that TIIC didn't make the effort to give us that family moment, especially when both of the other Hughes grandsons (Adam and Daniel) have been shipped off in the past six months, with barely more than a wave goodbye and a backpack slung over their shoulders.

Now that I've droned on, let me say this...CarOn, if I've put you on the defensive with my sometimes over-opinionated point of view, I apologize.

• Members

The only thing that might put me on the "defensive" is you saying I'm "obnoxious" but whatever certain people will continue to be rude and make comments so I'm just going to accept that.

And I've read all you said about Simon, Katie, Jack, and Carly and I agree with some and I disagree with other points. I'll comment later if I feel brave enough to open my "obnoxious" mouth again.

Suffice to say that no I don't want to force each and every member of Team CarJack to like Simon or to like CarOn. Thats not my goal nor will it ever be. Nor will I post about them everytime I post on this website. It just happens to be that the Simon and Carly story from last year has influenced a lot of what has happened this year and I see no crime in commenting on my view of what happened last year since it significantly relates to what is going on with many characters today.

As for AP we're basically gonna have to agree to disagree. I still think the hating is unncessary but I know it won't stop so theres just no point. As for Brad I think hes supposed to be All America Guy who tells it straight and isn't afraid to be non PC. Hes just a regular good old guy whos charming, funny, and irrestibly hot. Not to mention the annoying little brother of a responsible police officer whos always done good his entire life. And AP is pulling that off quite well. His scenes with Kaie and Jack are phenomenal IMO.

As for the Hughes....Adam = Psycho and Daniel = Annoying Redhead. I'm not missing them at all. Nor do I think we needed to call a Hughes clan meeting to say bye to Emiloon's one reason for existence. I personally would not have minded seeing Casey say goodbye to Kim. I would have liked to see Casey say goodbye to Lisa too. But on the other hand I can think of a few reasons why I wouldn't want to see my grandparents before being carted off to jail. Besides that like I've said numerous times I viewed it as a "very immediate family moment". Thats all.

Naptime now...Finals have utterly exhausted me and this board isn't helping matters at all.

• Members

Thank GOD someone else finally sees what I'm saying and agrees!!

CarOn, you just did it. Nobody called you obnoxious. However, you must have insecurites about that same thing sice you felt that P.J. was referring to you.

And you say you're not going to run around this website and talk about CarOn or try to make people believe your opinion, but you do! You bring it into threads that have no relation to anyone around the Jack/Katie/Carly/Simon quadrangle!! Every thread, you always seem to mention it (in full detail) at least once.

It's a shame you only started watching recently. Or else you would have konwn what a sleazy slimeball, a manipulative but sly/slick man Brad is. Or else you would have known that Brad is in fact Jack's older brother. But then again...you don't care much for history, do ya?

As for Casey, what do you consider an immediate family moment? Pray tell. And what do you consider to be immediate family? On another note, I don't recall reading anything re: vets not being seen for a departure scene for Daniel. But when you say he's not important, I have to disagree. Daniel is the grandson of Bob, Kim, and Lisa and the great grandson (I believe) of Ellen Stewart. 4 people that made Oakdale what it is today! And as far as Adam goes, he wasn't always a scumbag. But then again, history....I forgot how much you loathe it.

• Members

I believe that that's exactly what TIIC want Brad to be seen as...the un-PC redneck with a heart of gold. Unfortunately, Peck doesn't have the depth required to flesh out the writing. There's even a part of me that believes that Brad really does think he's "helping" Jack with his "have a hot affair" advice, and who really does want to have a relationship with Jack and is tired of being seen as the screwed-up, irresponsible brother. He's even 'roundaboutly sought out Jack's approval, about getting his "career" off the ground, etc. But Brad being Brad and Jack being Jack, they're stuck in their sibling roles, Brad taking shortcuts and Jack preaching responsibility, talking at each other instead of to each other.

I wish they would bring the Brad/Jack history into this (other than stealing each other's girls, which is a big WTF rewrite..), because it should be independent of the switch in birth order. That Brad went to jail to protect their mother, and Jack was clueless about it could still be used, and add depth to their relationship. Making their dysfunction all about women (whether it's Carly or Katie or nameless high school chicks) is just shallow, lazy writing.

As for the dysfunction amongst us, by the time I typed out my mea culpa, and practically outted myself as semi-obnoxious at times on certain subjects, there were another three or four posts about stuff not related to me at all. So, it is what it is...and that's what it is. My prediction is I won't be liking Simon very much this week, and if my "Simon treated Carly like a whore" opinion comes bubbling out...don't be surprised.

ON a totally separate note...Bonnie Root (Slasher Sister Eve) was on Cold Case tonight. She was all covered up, but the bags under her eyes hadn't been unpacked yet. YIKES!!!

• Members

They improve immeasurably just with Carly's name in them!!! LOL!!! I have this paralyzing fear they haven't been adjusted for the preemption yet, and I'll be so disappointed on the Big Day! Silly, isn't it! :)

• Members

Very true her name is making it better all on its own, I am hoping the dates are right because the first two day's of the week looks like alot of the Craig/Lucinda/Paul/Alison stuff and then after that everyday has a Carly mention so it could just be one hell of a week, also great to know that it does not seem like Gwen is going to dominate the show this week for a change, it is going to be a much needed rest from the character.

• Members

Yeah sure I did...you called me obnoxious or at the very least you put it out there and I firmly believe that thats what you and the other people who have singled me out think of me. Fine but don't try to play games and act innocent. I'm done playing word games with you. I say what I mean and thats it. I haven't said anything untrue in this thread regarding peoples statements about me.

Thats so full of lies that I'm shocked 1st you're putting words in my mouth yet again. I don't hate history. Never said I did and I never will. So theres your first LIE. Wheres an example of a thread that has NOTHING to do with Carly and I mentioned the quad?

No its not a shame that I started watching recently since if I hadn't I prob would be watching something else and right now theres no other soap I enjoy more than ATWT.

2nd on the issue of Bradley I have COUNTLESS times addressed the "AGE ISSUE" and I've said COUNTLESS times that it does NOT bother me because its a stupid thing to get all worked up about when we're talking about soap operas. The ages in soap operas are hardly consistent across the board. As for his behavior he still seems manipulative to me... You call him a "sleazy slimeball". Okay...maybe hes changed? He has said that over and over again to Jack. 2nd most of you hate the character and think he is dumb and not worth your time so why do you care? Its not like if they bring the history between Brad and Jack up you'll start liking the storyline at all or that you'll stop attacking me for liking it or Austin Peck. The fact is that you're intent on complaining about anything possible so go right ahead.

Once again find a place where I said, "I HATE HISTORY". Daniel isn't important. Hes a little annoying boy off at boarding school. I don't care that hes a Hughes. That doesn't make him a God among all the other kids in Oakdale. As for Adam he was a scumback THIS TIME around. Why should I care how he was before? He left town and obviously something happened to make him a bad person. That doesn't mean I, "loathe" history. But of course you want to mock/insult me and my intelligence by any means necessary.

And last but not least I talk about EVERYTHING that is occuring on ATWT...not just on Brad/Katie/Jack or Simon/Carly. Although I know you all want to think I'm some idiot obsessed with them I have never once talked about only them and nobody else on an episode. As for next week I'm sure I'm going to enjoy it and I look forward to Carly's return plus the Gwen/Cleo storyline. Finally I've said a million times that if you don't like the show then fine. I'm NOT trying to force people to like it so stop accusing me of that cuz its quite ignorant. If people actually bothered to read my statements they would know I've never said anything close to that nor is that my intent or purpose by being on the board.

• Members

It's a matter of attitude. Everyone has a right to their own opinion, but to try and force others to change their opinion to yours (even if you're doing it indirectly) is uncalled for. Please remember that not everyone will agree with you and sometimes it's better to just let things go than to fight it out.

Archived