ATWT: Friday Discussion

• Members

Brad/Katie/Jack was total ff material. I hated it! I dont care that Brad was threaten by some unknown woman. Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!! who gives a [!@#$%^&*]!!! I hate that Kim was used as pure filler. Give this woman her own storyline. Keep wasting our time on boring, useless, can't act Brad Snyder!!

The only great part of the show was Craig and Lucinda.

Everything else was just blah!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

common now, buddy, you can't tell me you did not like that look that Cheri had on her face as she was walking away from Emily, that was just classic soap opera, somethings about to happen look. I do agree with you on the Brad stuff total waste of time, and I also hate that Kim is just being used as a Katie and Brad prop, why can't we just see a nice storyline with Bob and Kim instead of the boring filler Brad/Katie/Jack stuff, which we know will all end when Carly gets back anyway, so what was the point, they mine as well just fire Peck because once Carly's back its going to be all about Gwen and Carly so Brad won't get any airtime anyway, its not like he can act anyway, I cringe everytime I see him on screen, and of course Katie I can't stand her, totally boring and useless, I want the Katie that we had 7 years ago back, that one I enjoyed, I feel so bad for Terri having to play this part sometimes. and poor Michael Park having to deal with this dumb storyline, such a great actor being wasted with one that can't act, and the other whose character has become so boring. I know you don't agree with this Ron, but Jack needs his Carly, she is the only one that brings him to life, and the same thing goes for her, they are just soulmates to the end. But I do think when they bring them back together they need to stay together, because it does get boring when they keep breaking up, though of course some of the best scenes on the show are Carly and Jack's breakup scenes, but still I would love something different for them this time. Trust me Kack or Brattie or whatever they are calling these couples even come close to what carjack have, no other couple could have heart wrenching breakup scenes like those two do, and that is because of the chemistry, Jack and Katie don't have it and Brad and Katie sure as hell don't lol.

• Members

Add boring, useless Fluffy to that, and you'll get an AMEN! out of me! :)

Like Jack's the only cop between Oakdale and wherever who could protect Brad's precious bee-hind. WTH? Poor Kim couldn't go and see her grandson Casey off to prison...but she's running all over town protecting her hosts. [!@#$%^&*].

• Members

The Cheri character is not needed. Robin is a great actress but she is being wasted in this storyline. And I forgot to mention Parker and Faith were boring. How sad that two young kids have a storyline and the Hughes don't! No wonder ratings for the show suck! They are greatly deserved. If it wasnt for Craig and Lucinda I would have tuned out already. I would have stopped watching the show.

• Members

I got a good laugh from your comment about Kim. I totally agree. I was thinking the same thing while watching Kim in those scenes. Seriously, is this what Goutman and Passanante classify as must see TV? GMAFB!!!

• Members

I agree with you about it being sad that Parker and Faith have a storyline but nobody in the Hughes Family, even though I like Parker I would rather watch Tom, Lisa, Bob, Kim in a good storyline before seeing a Parker storyline.

BTW where's your fantastic matching banner? :D

• Members

Sometimes I get the feeling that JP and CG are snorting the same stuff that Ali is up her nose :lol: , they are totally ruining this show day by day, this is not what ATWT is about, Family Drama is what it is about not the non stop crap we see today.

And just think just alittle over 2 weeks ago we thought we had our show back, but that sure ended fast :(

• Members

1st off I highly doubt we're supposed to care if Brad was threatened. In fact did you ever consider the fact that maybe the writers didn't want us to take it seriously? Just like Brad isn't? As for Kim running around concerned about them it is her show and shes worried about it ...I don't see anything out of the ordinary there...except her running to Jack. BUT that was only to have a Jack and Katie scene which I enjoyed so I don't mind it. Plus that same stunt is pulled on EVERY soap. On OLTL for example Blair just begged John McBain to come to CHICAGO to look for Todd. Of course there are cops in Chicago but maybe Blair doesn't trust them or maybe she'd feel more comfortable with someone she knows? Just like Kim is more comfortable with Jack. Casey is gone....half of you hated the character anyways so why all the waterworks that his grandmother didn't say bye? Its not like he died. He'll be back in a few months.

2nd Austin Peck can act. If he was horrible as all of you want so much to believe he wouldn't be hired time after time.

3rd I want to hear what wonderful storyline you guys have in store for Kim and Bob that will last 6 months and be, "all about them".

4th I'm glad that you admitted CarJack is getting pretty boring. In fact its pretty sad when you're best scene is a breakup. Sorry but I'd rather see Brad and Katie on my screen doing something new rather than Jack and Carly doing the same boring stuff they've been doing for the last 10 years. You guys accuse the writers of "propping" characters....its pretty obvious they've destroyed Carly in order to make Jack look better over the years. By forcing Carly to leave Oakdale they basically made viewers turn against a great woman and accuse of her being, "a bad mother". Carly is not a bad mother and I think shes a better person that Jack and Katie combined anyday of the week. Sure shes not perfect but at the end of the day blood is thicker than water and I'm sure Parker, JJ, and Sage will forgive/understand their mom's dilemma and shocking choice.

5th Parker and Faith are obviously the future of the show so why shouldn't they be explored now? Just like Gwen, Will, and the rest of the teen scene are the future of the show as well. Theres no point in not creating backstories for them. Yes I wouldn't mind if they shifted the focus around a little bit. But I also don't think its the "Gwen/Cleo show". Just a few weeks ago you did mention you wouldn't mind if Luke was shown 24/7 in this upcoming storyline of his. Now you say differently. I wonder if the ratings will go up when Luke's story gets into full swing.

Last but not least besides Vienna I don't remember anyone else who hasn't been family at the Farm. And if the characters that being focused on are at the Farm then it means we get to see more Emma which I like the idea of. I like the current ATWT and I believe its among the Top 3 daytime soaps today in terms of quality, cast, and overall writing so I feel justified defending it. However when it does something bad or stupid I'll gladly call it out.

Archived