ATWT: Friday Discussion

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I will just comment on your history statement. You said it was pure filler to use history. Go read your post. That tells me you dont care about the history of show.

And besides Lucinda/Craig...the show does suck.

• Members

See above....and thats fine if you don't like it. There are plenty who do who perhaps don't want to dedicate the time to discussing it on the internet. There are 2 million viewers of ATWT and your survey only sampled like a couple hundred right? Hardly what I'd call a noticeable pool of participants.

And for the last time I didn't say I want you to lie about it. If you hate thats your cup of tea. But I like it for a lot more reasons than, "Oh Austin Peck is hot!" or "Oh Katie and Brad are young". This is a real story to me and I enjoy seeing it onscreen each day. Just like I'm becoming more and more fascinated with the Gwen/Cleo storyline too. Its gone in a totally different direction from where I thought it would go (Jade and Cleo kidnapping Gwen) and I like that. So while you may not be able to say you enjoyed it please don't put down or mock others like me because we happened to like what I think was a high quality episode full of a nice mix of drama and comedy. Most episodes feature 2-3 storylines and I think thats a good mix.

• Members

See you're not even addressing your false statements regarding my posts earlier (ie that I want people to stop talking about Carly). Nor are you talking about anything except how it sucks which it doesn't. But theres no point since you'll continue to ignore my valid points and refuse to explain your side such as how you would use the history in a non filler type of way. Like I said most people know the history and if its utilized in a great way that doesn't take away time from actual storytelling thats fine by me.

• Members

Actually there are 3 million ATWT viewers and we really don't even know that for sure seeing as that is just a pooling of several hundred Nelson boxes, interesting how there stuff would be right but a poll done on the internet about something is not right at all, and seeing as ratings have been falling all year, something tells me people are sick of Gwen and Cleo.

• Members

Storylines are better when you use history especially when a show has 50 years of it. You are telling me that when a writer makes a mistake with the history when telling a story it does not bother you at all, history is a big part of all soap operas, it is what they are based on, and it is not filler. Also if you ever notice we all say nice things about the show when it is good, it goes both ways, it is not always going to be a good show. I believe it was two weeks ago almost everyone on SON said we had great shows, and it was three days in a row that we all said it was great, so it is not like all we ever talk about is how bad the show is, we only do that when it is, and most of the time it is, you are not going to change the mind of anyone on here, so why are you trying so hard, voice your opinion if we agree with it fine if we don't fine, there is no need to try in every single post to have us like something we dont.

• Members

2nd Austin Peck can act. If he was horrible as all of you want so much to believe he wouldn't be hired time after time.

Who keeps hiring him time after time. Days? Huh! They wanted Patrick Muldoon but he wasnt available so they went with Austin. He is only hired for eye candy. Did you see his reading of the nominations for the Emmys on CBS? :rolleyes:

• Members

The show needs a major overhaul. Former characters are being brought back only to be butchered by Jean and Chris. The storylines are falling flat. Add Gwen/Cleo and Jade to the mix and you have a very bad show on your hands.

Who on this board can say Carly was NOT ruined under Jean and Chris?

• Members

Nice way to avoid actually admitting I'm RIGHT about some things. Thanks for the insult by the way! Yes I like Austin Peck and I have nothing to be ashamed about. Others like his work as well. Maybe not the majority of people on this board but why should I care and jump on the bandwagon? So you actually respect me? Or so maybe I'll be lucky/worthy enough for you to respond to my entire post? Oh I can't wait for the privledge...

Winterguy like I said I KNOW history has its place. But as for "mistakes" it comes down to the mistake and how serious it is. Name a mistake and I'll let you know if its a big deal to me or not. The whole "Brad's real age" thing isn't a huge deal for me because:

1) Characters on soaps get aged up prematurely all the time. Its the longstanding joke of the genre and we've all gotten used to it right? Only a few years ago Will was a lil tot who killed Rose. Nows hes a full grown hunk of a man whos bordering on psycho. So if a soap DEages someone I really don't see the big deal. But you're entitled to your opinion. I just HOPE you can understand mine

2) I don't think ANY soap has got their history right when it comes to ages.

3) Frankly there are more important things to worry about.

Now say if they forgot to mention that so and so is adopted or really from such and such's family. Or they neglect to bring up the history between two characters who are being talked about or are in a storyline together then I have a problem.

• Members

I meant hes been hired by Days time after time. You're right in that regard. Plus hes been in Daytime for a while. Now hes on ATWT and I think he fits in perfectly. Thats just me. Continue to bash him if you will but I will continue to admire his work onscreen.

And you're right...hes hot. Another hot stud on Daytime...a thing unheard of in todays world. Thats not a crime last I heard. And yes I find him attractive but that doesn't mean I'm not going to critique him or anyone else on the show if they do a wierd thing or a poor job one day.

P.S. You just posted your question regarding Peck like 10 mins ago and you accuse me "ignoring" your posts!? Thats really funny...heres your response. Within 20 mins!

• Members

I don't generally have a problem with SORAS-ing / deSORASing until it messes with history. Like the Carly thing with Gwen...that desorased Carly and busted fairly big holes in the timeline of her character's history.

Now, Meg has apparently been de-SORASED (MWil is only 32 I think), but aside from the fact that would put her at about 12 when she married Josh..she's at least still Holden's younger sister.

But making an older brother into a younger brother - that I don't agree with doing.

• Members

ATWTCarOn, you accuse people of putting words in your mouth, but you've been doing the same with others this entire thread.

And just because someone's opinion differs from yours, doesn't mean they are a bad person. Nor does it mean you should continuously shove YOUR opinion down their throat.

And lastly, just because someone does not comment on every single aspect of your post doesn't mean they're at a loss for words, etc. It just means they're ignoring you. :) To avoid a possible catastrophe!!

Archived