DAYS: Interview with James Scott in CDN TV Guide...

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah ITA, he seems to follow the ideal that things went awry or that storylines weren't written "Well" or "the way they should be". I applaud him, many actors in his position who were given a mega lead role and such mega airtime would have big egos and would fall at their writer's foot step. Certain ABC actors come to mind there. It's nice that these actors aren't blind to what went wrong with the show.

• Members

I'm just stunned that he's considered not acting anymore once he's finished at Days. Is he crazy?! He could be on a primetime show in the snap of a finger. He could be the next JAMES BOND! LoL What the hell is he thinking?!

• Members

I'm going to ask straight out: Was it Thorsten or Cameron who allegedly had it out for him?

I know that Ethan had heavy story there for a while and the next thing , he was backburned and killed off.

Regardless, I'm glad he commented on that sorry excuse of a rape. It's also true that EJ has been written as a cartoon with no redeeming qualities.

• Members

James Scott gives him layers though, IMO. I don't think that he's written as a cartoon. Tony DiMera, circa 2004, with his man-controlled volcanoes, underwater lairs and magnetic rooms was a cartoon. EJ is just a bad guy, and people might not like him for that, but I don't think he's a cartoon by any means. A vile creature? Yes. Cartoon? Nah.

• Members

I loathe EJ. He is written too diabolical with no redeeming grace except what James manages to insert with inflections. I agree that he is an amazing actor, but the character is too one-sided. With Stefano, we saw many sides of him, some very endearing and enjoyable such as his routinelly directing the symphony and sipping his wine, etc. I loved his elegance as well as his ruthlessness. With EJ, it's just all ruthlessness and to me, it's just getting worse. I really don't like that scruffy beard on him and he has lost weight to the point he is a mere shadow. Having said all that, if he can be redeemed (such as being Tony and Anna's son and not feeling the need to live up to a 'reputation"), I'm open for that and especially exploring other sides of his nature.

• Members

LOL whatever :lol:

It's funny how it was commented at SSW how tightnit the AMC actors are compared to the OLTL or GH actors, yeah I don't see anyone getting anyone fired.

James was a DIVA, at least own it :rolleyes:

What I like is Cady was FIRED, and it was personal, she never once had any ill will towards the show or anyone working there. And if anyone had the right to lambast the show it, was HER

That's CLASS. James could take lessons from Cady

• Members

My issue with the class argument is that James didn't owe anything to AMC. Cady has loyalty that it earned. His career had hardly began. He hardly has a reason to be kind to them. While you should never bite the hand that feeds you, younger actors have a tendency of doing it, so I excuse it.

Archived