DAYS: Interview with James Scott in CDN TV Guide...

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Then he'd be out of a job.

ETA: Re: The AMC rumor... I read a while back (when he was still on the show) that a certain actor was acting wayyy too important. He didn't realize he wasn't as crucial as he thought he was.

Then... the axe fell. Just sayin'.

• Members

James Scott was great on AMC as Ethan. And I suddenly figured out who he was referring to by those who responded here on this thread. If there was ever a doubt, some of you just sealed it for me. Thanks, what a waste of talent, AMC lost big time!

And I loved him as Ethan because he was talented, handsome and sexy especially in his steamy scenes! But it was once someone else "an other" came onto the scene that they started writing him different and that's when they tanked Ethan for quite some time to give the spotlight to another actor. Ethan WAS a popular character right up to the end. And when they paired him with Simone those two were on fire! It's a shame they killed that relationship so quickly but I'm sure they were too popular and those same "others" didn't like that. Simone and Ethan were hotter than any other couple in the last 2-3 years. Either way, he's better off with DOOL because he's able to show the critics that he IS leading man material and is as talented as he is sexy!! GO JAMES!!!! :D

• Members

I don't watch AMC, but it's obvious that James didn't gain his talent overnight. He's an amazing, magnetic actor, and he's sex on a stick. Their loss is our gain. It amazes me that they didn't see what a find they had, but I'm glad. Some roles are just made for some people, and EJ was made for James. I can't wait to see him interact with heavy hitters like Thaao and Joe. That's going to be fantastic!

• Members

LOL you mean this blind item ;) :

Tuesday, April 26, 2005:

BLIND ITEM EXTRA: What east coast actor has gotten a little too big for his own ego and is driving some people including his frequent co-stars a bit nuts with his "new" attitude? The recent turn around in his story line was a tactic intended to embarrass or frustrate this newbie. Seems this dark side ploy was a slight slap to him and to calm down some of the undying fan support of the newbie.

It came out right around the time his storyline was changing and he was moving to backburner

• Members

James has never come out and flipped out on his co-stars. I respect him for doing so. It's painfully obvious that politics are played at AMC. Look who always gets their share of the new girls, who always gets the most "pimping" for 'oh man, you're gonna love this couple."

I respect James for not letting his experience at AMC ruin his love for soaps. AMC's loss was DAYS' gain.

• Members

AMC plays faves like no soap next to maybe GH. However Mr.Scott had a whole character made just for him and was put in a frontburner story and paired with one the shows top characters. TPTB pushed Ethan and Kendalll for all it was worth. The viewers had different plans and forced them to hook Kendall and Zach. No matter how much MCT/Frons/JHC take credit for Zendall they weren't they're idea. They wanted Ethan&Kendall and Zach/Maria and then Zach/Dixie. Once Ethan got paired with Simone he was toast.

• Members

Yeah, James Scott became the "golden boy" at AMC way too fast.

Remember: He auditioned for the temporary recast of Aidan. They loved him so much they created the role of Ethan for him.

Remember how Ethan was shoved down our throats? He was constantly frontburner, paired with Kendall, etc. Then they started giving Ethan a bit of a "dark side" and poof, he was sent to the backburner overnight.

I heard numerous stories that Mr. Scott's obnoxious behavior on the AMC set contributed to his fall from the show's new star to fired star.

• Members

So someone WAS jealous and wanted him gone because he was too popular. Poor James!

BTW, blind items normally originate with Bruno and he has gone on the record as saying that, "James Scott is a really good guy that never got his due at AMC."

Archived