Days: If Hack Writers Were Still Writing The Show...

• Members

Hey now I know I'm NOT the only one who laughs hysterically everytime John talks to himself in that pensive, freaky eyebrow raising moments that Days is famous for. I remember when I first watched Days and saw John and Hope together. This was when there was confusion over if John was the little boys father or not. I so wanted John and Hope together and a part of still does although I do know Bo/Hope and John/Marlena are the supercouples that made the show. I guess I'm unconventional like that.

What stories was JerK responsible for during his time on Days? I know about the sick Salem Stalker one but were there other wierd/stupid ones he made?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh, yeah. For sure.

But we want to see what Days fans think would be happening if he or other bad writers were still writing Days. Soapfan really nailed the point of the thread, and that's what we are after. :)

• Members

How I wish B&C were never fired!

then we'd have a great Jennifer/Jack story(her pregnant with a dead's man baby she only slept with to save Jack,and seeing Jack deal with it) instead of some rushed reunion,wedding and horrid talk show.they would be also stay at the newspaper and interect with other people from the cast.

we would find out who was the real colin murphy killer.never believed it was nicole as it was too obious from the start.

and of course,tony wouldnt have been ruined and cassie and rex would've been dimera's.

Heigly Days were the begining of the end for me as a Days viewer.

B&C wrote umbrella stories very well.Hope's kidnapping,chloe's lukemia(all the town helping,Jack and Jennifer talk to nancy and craig about abby's own battle with lukemia,light the night walk etc.).corday was an idiot for firing them.

• Members

Amen, brother! Brash and Cwikly were two very good headwriters who somehow got on Corday's bad side (do I sense a pattern here??), and had they never been fired it's exciting to see where Days would have gone.

Now why was I not surprised to see this thread turn into JER-bashing?? Oh yeah, that's right, because he deserved each and every bash he got on this board, some during the SSK but mostly after the story petered out. And had the dead stayed dead, reaching 1.9 wouldn't have been cause for teeth-gnashing... Corday would have given the cast ice cream, because the 1.9 would have meant the ratings rose.

Dena Higley's stories... let's not go there, since that paved the way for NBC's half-ass idea. And Langan is also best left unsaid. Which leaves Sally Sussman Morina, who wasn't too bad.

I'm still solidly in Hogan's corner, but this thread's about the past so let's keep discussing the past. :)

• Members

It seemed like the only person who had a real problem with the Chelsea/Max/Stephanie "incest" storyline was Hogan Sheffer himself. He seemed to make a big stink about it in his interviews. So now as a result, we have Max Brady the Salem player, bouncing from Chelsea to Stephanie to Mimi to Abby to ...

• Members

Then explain how Young & the Restless, by far the most realistic and character-driven soap (even if it's not as good as it was/should be) has remained on top for close to two decades now? The fact that they NEVER dared copy anybody's stupid plots and stayed with Bell's vision for most part has played a BIG part in it.

Archived