GL: The Week Of April 23, 2007

• Members

UGH! Missed Friday's show and am in the middle of watching today's.

Reva is such a trampy b!tch. I want her driving off another bridge pronto.

And agree with a poster in another thread that says Cassie is too good for Josh, because she is. But Kriezman's plan is for Cassie to go Annie Dutton on Josh/Reva. It's totally gonna happen. They probably have Nicole Forester looking at old Annie Dutton tapes to research her character's upcoming downward spiral. Shame!

And Daisy falling for Gus isn't a bad storyline. I just hope that this is a crush gone wrong where Daisy ends up seeing the error of her ways and move along.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

On break from student teaching and caught the second half of today's episode. The Boston affiliate airs "Guiding Light" at 9 AM which is terrible.

I don't like Gus or Gus and Harley. I was a Phillip and Harley fan. This Daisy-Gus stuff reminds me of the god awful Marina-Gus stuff. Despite this, Bonnie Dennison seems to gel well with the rest of the cast. I was a huge fan of "Third Watch" before it simply was a cop show. Dennison didn't impress me, but I was shocked by how tolerable Susan was. I loved Brittany Snow's manipulative pre-teen Susan who swallowed cough syrup to make herself sick and had inappropriate chemistry with a much older Wesley A. Ramsey.

John Driscoll continues to shine as a young leading man, but jesus he has floated from woman to woman since arriving. First Lizzie, then Ava, and now Ashlee? I wasn't impressed

Was I dreaming or was Josh in jail with Vinnie Salerno?!!?!?! I LOVE John Fiore. He portrayed a real mob boss. I was shocked that he was seen again. I figured after he was sent to prison we'd never see him again. Then again, Reva was a part of the reason that he was in jail so I wonder if that's going to play a role in this Josh prison stuff.

I don't mind Reva. I never understood the need to break Josh and Reva the way they did. The strain of Jonathan was enough without the whole "I need more than just you Josh" stuff. That was the reason for the latest break up right? Or was it the cancer disaster.

Nothing stood out. John Fiore was the only reason to turn back in, which is really pathetic.

• Members

Ugh...totally hate the way Brian Gaskill is playing Dylan. WTH?

Double ugh...I can't believe someone agrees with me, that Reva is the tramp in this situation. I don't know...there's just something about the way she feels she's entitled to Josh that just bugs the heck out of me. I vote Josh christens himself the Slut of Springfield now. Just ICK.

And I know I'll regret asking this...but what's the short version of the history with Salerno? The name sounds familiar, but I've got no idea why he's after Reva. Or Josh to get to Reva. Wasn't he the other mob boss in town, back when the Santoses were killing each other, or pretending to be dead, or trying to every six months to "break free" of the mob?

• Members

Salerno was the other mob boss who was in Springfield circa 2003/2004. During the mayoral election, Tony was working for him and afterwards, Jeffrey wanted Danny to help bring him down. At this time, Gus' sister Eden was engaged to Bill Lewis and needed Salerno to let her go of his hold on her. Eden had been Salerno's mistress and he considered her property. He burned her with cigars to prove it and had no problem taunting her with the scars. To get out, Salerno had Eden deliver one more package, but when Eden realized it was drugs, she flushed millions of dollars of drugs. An angry Salerno asked Danny to show his loyalty by killing Eden. Working with the Feds, Danny had infilitrated the mob again and staged a bombing in a warehouse that was suppose to kill Eden. A curious Michelle Bauer followed Danny and got caught up in the explosion. Michelle became amnesiac and most of Springfield blamed Danny for killing Eden August.

When Danny couldn't bring Salerno down, Reva was called in. With the help of the Feds, Reva fed Vinnie Salerno some garbage about having psychic visions related to him and his business and Reva was there when Vinnie was taken down. Later, Reva was doing an assignment on Vinnie Salerno in prison for her show when Michelle Bauer was working as her assistant. I don't think Vinnie was pleased with Reva's interview or the fact that she was involved in his arrest.

• Members

I totally feel Reva is the tramp in this situation. I'm always going to like her cuz I've been watching her for 20 years, but in this case I certainly think she's in the wrong. I just don't find Jeva very interesting. I know they are GL's cornerstone super couple, but I think Josh is better with Cassie. I'd also like to see Reva get out there and find someone else, at least for awhile. I hope instead of having Cassie go completely nuts that they have her get a little revenge on Alan and then move on with Rick.

Does anyone have an opinion on Cyrus/Marina? I was starting to think I'd never like a Marina pairing, but I think she's kind of cute with Cyrus.

• Members

LOVE LOVE LOVE JEVA!!!!

They were so freaking hot in Friday's eppy. So happy that Robert and Kim can still bring it like that.

Cassie is boring, but I don't dislike her. I find her and Josh to be something that I should not take seriously. Josh made his decision, and I am ok with it because he won't be able to get over Reva. That's impossible! I will be patient.

Brian Gaskill as Dylan is possibly one of the worst ideas to ever occur in the history of GL. The man can't act, and you can hardly understand a word he's saying. He's a joke, and I want him gone!

Love my Ash, and I am glad she is owning up to her crime. I am even enjoying that bonehead Coop. Please continue to treat Ava like the plague that she is.

Daisy is something else, but I really enjoy her.

Don't like Gus, but this story makes him bearable...

ANDREA

• Members

Today's (3/24) episode was well, pretty good. I like the writing for the most part, and the directing was also good. I hope when their refering to "that part" of Mallet's life, their refering to when he was Anthony Camelotti(and connected to the mob), anything else would be totally ridiculous, it would also prove that DK just pulled this straight from his behind.

-I'm liking Ashlee and Coop more everyday. I just hope the show doesn't begin to shove her down our throats because we do happen to like her.

-No Ava or Jeffrey, always a plus in my book.

-I wish we could have more scenes like the one we had with Matt and Vanessa. Those scenes just screamed CLASSIC GL for some reason. More MAEVE KINKAID!!!! If only JvD was still on the show.

-Today the actress who plays Doris seemed better than usual. Esp. in her scenes with Buzz. I'm glad they showed that Doris has some sort of vulnerbility and isn't a beyotch 24/7.

• Members

No, you haven't missed whatever secret is in Mallet's past. I can't believe Dinah is destroying her world all over again. I wonder if Vanessa will ever forgive her. It's one thing to take money, but this time around Dinah has messed up Vanessa's whole world. Sure, Matt had his part in it, but Dinah is the catalyst. Could anything Mallet have done really be that bad? ANd is his job really more important than her mother's life? I bet Mallet leaves her over this when he finds out.

I love Coop and Ashlee and I love it when Coop smacks Ava down. I just loved seeing him blow Ava off to run after Ashlee. I hope he keeps it up.

• Members

Did I miss some announcement? Beth Ehlers looks pregnant again.

Yeah, I don't get this Cyrus plot at all. What is his problem with Matt and Vanessa?

I'm probably in the minority...but I don't really like Ashlee. I get what they're going for with her...but I think the actress is too over the top in her earnestness. That being said...I think TIIC wasted a golden opportunity to have Ashlee and Doris "in" the Spaulding family.

• Members

^ Vanessa had a part in sending Cyrus to prison. I think she did it to get Dinah a lighter sentence when they were partners, but the details aren't clear. That's what he has against her though.

I miss the old Dylan too. I don't hate BG's Dylan, but it feels like a new character.

• Members

Yesterday's ITL was pretty boring to me. I felt bad for Daisy though. How humiliating that everyone saw her web journal or whatever that was.

I'm looking forward to today. The previews looked pretty good. I want to see what happens with Ashlee. I wonder how she'll avoid jail time.

• Members

Gaskill is really stinking up the screen, and Kreizman is the idiot everyone says he is.

This story had a bit more mileage, but that is shot to hell now. Why did they have to rush through the story and have Harley and Gus figure Daisy out so quickly? Could we have at least given it a month?

The goal for Kreizman was the impending triangle. Stupid idiot! What he should have done was allow this to play out a bit longer. Daisy's crush and criminal acts is supposed to be the story here. Not some stupid old gf! Who gets on the phone and tells a PERFECT stranger that someone was the love of their life?

UGH UGH UGH!!! And in case anyone misunderstood, UGH!!!!!

ANDREA

P.S. Marina was released so quickly from the hospital so that Gus could have the cot. What a cheap freaking set!

Archived