ATWT: Luncheon was today April 21

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thanks for posting that. I love reading fan accounts of the little events like this. Every year, I look forward to reading about the ATWT luncheon and of course Super Soap Weekend.

I kinda feel bad for Alex Charak and Kenneth Franklin after reading that. Seriously, if you missed any of the, what, three(?) episodes Franklin's Dallas appeared in, you really had no reason to talk to him. And Elwood is so beyond peripheral. Most of his visitors probably wanted to talk about Inturn.

I swear, Austin Peck might be a very mediocre actor, but I've always wanted to meet him in person. He just comes off as this extremely crazy, unpredictable kind of guy. Loved him playing "Family Feud" last year.

I love Eileen Fulton to death. I love that she isn't sitting around collecting dust, waiting for the writers to write something for her. She's always updating her website with information about all the concerts she performs. She seems very friendly and as if she sees herself as an equal with her fans.

• Members

I didn't realize that, either. Until I friend-ed her on Myspace towards the end of '06. She commented me and said that she reads all her new friends' profiles and then commented on a few embarassing things in my "About Me" scetion and said to say hello to my pets (and then named them all from my "About Me" section). After that, we exchanged a few messages back and forth and she seemed pretty upset that the writers never gave her material. I told her of my fan fic TWOO here at SON (that ended a few months back) and told her that "Lisa" was in a front-burner storyline involving her long last graddaughter Roxie and she said that she wished the writers would follow my lead or something.

I was gonna message her again recently, but found out her brother died (from oakdale's post in O.T.) and then saw she hasn't been on her Myspace since, like, March.

But yeah. I can account from experience. She is very down to earth and very very personable with her fans!

• Members

"Then I went to see Brad/Austin who acts just like his character on the show. He may have been drinking, I'm not sure. He was very chummy with everyone. He had everyone sit right next to him and chat for a while (the line moved very slow because of it, but it was nice when I got up there). I told him he was similar to his character on the show. He asked what I thought about him and Katie as a couple. I told him that I hope they will eventually get together but it looks like they're putting her with Jack right now for when Carly comes back. He said Katie and Jack would be boring. That they would probably sit around and play Parchesi. He talked about the Brad character and how he thinks he uses his humor to cover up his insecurity and loneliness, feeling inferior to Jack. He asked me what I thought. He was very engaging and real. At one point when I was in line, he stood on the chair and did a woo hoo!! kind of thing. I also heard him say, "Hey Trent, they're dogging me for giving Henry a hard time!""

HAHA...I LOVE Austin Peck. Such a cool guy. That part about what Katie and Jack would do all day is so hilarious and yet SO true.

Archived