What is your biggest fear?

Shawn

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My two greatest fears are falling from a great height (like out of a skyscraper, off a cliff, yadda yadda) which makes me extremely antsy about uncontrolled heights. You will *never* get me on one of those suspension bridge thingies over a canyon. Nosireebob. I'm also scared of fire, however, at the same time, I'm oddly fascinated by it. I think one of the reasons for this is the movie "The Towering Inferno" which I 1st saw on TV (split into 2 parts, shown over 2 nights as a major movie event) when I was a child. It gave me nightmares. Jennifer Jones and the scenic elevator just sent me into fits. Consequently, even watching some aireal footage on TV/film can put me on the verge of a panic attack. When I went to see "Charlie's Angels" in the theater, it was preceeding by a trailer for the film "Vertical Limit". I nearly riped the arm rests off of the chair. After 9/11, I was *exceedingly* prone to panic attacks. I was watching TV coverage constantly and the only thing I could think was "If I were on one of the top floors, would I decide to burn to death or leap to my death?" -- my 2 biggest fears and I had to pick one of them. *ugh* I can even put myself into a panic attack by simply thinking about falling off a cliff/building. I used to have dreams that my bed was located on a slanted roof of a skyscraper and I'd be scared that I'd roll over in my sleep, out of bed, and off the side of the building.

• Members

I have a fear of heights. I am the person that has a hard time getting on an airplane because of the height. I'm the person that has to latch on to someone the minute the plane takes off.

I won't get on rollercoasters because I fear of falling out of them when they go at their momentum speed.

• Members

Fear of Elevators (If the stairs are blocked off, I will walk all over a hospital to find a flight that's not to keep from using an elevator)

I had to use an elevator a few months ago, because the only stairs at the doctors office was blocked off. My mom was with me and I wouldn't let her get in the elevator with me because it would take up to much room. I decided to go first and then she could come up when it came back down again. It took what seemed like 15 minutes before I got one with no one in it. So during the wait, I'm sweating and about to have a full blown anxiety attack. I had my cell phone on, bottled water in hand (just in case) and finally the door opened and it was empty. Needless to say I was late for the appointment.

Fear of frogs & snakes (If I see either, I will litterally run screaming like a little girl.

Fear of clowns (Thanks to the movie Poltergeist, I haven't been to the circus since I was 5)

Fear of heights

• Members

I dont know if I really have a fear. I think Im scared of heights but then again I will go on a plane and rollercoaster and even want to jump out of a plane. I think Im scared of snakes but that would only be if I were near one. I dont know if its really a fear bc watching people on Maury, well those are real phobias. I never get scared or terrified by the mere sight or thought of anything

• Members

I have that fear too. I'm envious of others who can enjoy their lives to the fullest, unafraid of their own shadow. I'm trying to neutralize that inhibition.

I fear being a failure, with only my aspirations being interred in my bones.

I fear being an eternal victim.

I don't want to die a violent death or see my family suffer a similar fate.

I'm afraid of being attacked.

I'm afraid of a neo- conservative regime that denies individuals the basic tenets to pursue their happiness, free of social protocol.

I [!@#$%^&*] hate cats; stupid things.

Heights make me nervous, but I love roller coasters. It's not a trepidation that's crippling in the least.

I think all fears can be conquered. I know that's how I operate in certian situations; I just go for it, regardless of if I succeed. Fear is just an evil spirit that I hope to ocmpletely eradicate from my life.

Archived