DAYS: Temp. Abby Questions

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You're right in wondering :lol:

But HW's do not hire actors. They can recommend someone but its all in the hands of the casting director.

Besides, if he could hire anyone to play Abby, he'd probably hire someone with all the talent of Charity Rahmer.

• Members

Emily Montague is filling in for Ashley Benson for two or three days. Ashley will be returning to finish her tenure and then after that there is no word on anyone playing Abby. My guess is she'll be written off, I don't know if temporarily or permanently.

• Members

Of course Ash;ey's fans are ripping her apart. I wouldn't expect otherwise as they are fans of Ashley and I am sure they are miffed at Days for not accomodating her.

Emily has potential. She is a bit more mature and looks a bit older but I saw good potential there. Martha looked odler too when she first came on as Belle and look at what happened there. The way Emily was today reminded me of how Martha stepped into the role of Belle. She has energy in her scenes. I thought she fit Abby well and was great with Matt Ashford. I am not quite sure of her chemistry with Darin since I have to see more but, again, I would give her a chance or at least recast the character because Days doesn't need any more re-writes after all the issues they have dealt with and are still dealing with. They have a story for MABY planned and they should go ahead and attempt a recast or just give Emily a try IMO.

• Members

I'm over Mabby too, and I was one of their first fans. I am also over Abby and Benson, who has turned Abby into a BRAT and a HALF. It's not the writing either. It's either her or the directing. The tone of her voice in her lines drives me up a wall.

• Members

I can see where the brat thing comes from with Benson, but I think this new chick is a vapid ditz which I find infinitely less preferable.

I was never "under" Mabby and I really don't want an older recast just for the sake of that pairing.

Archived