Days: Wednesday, March 28

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I just turned on DAYS for a few minutes and caught the scenes with Stephen in the mental ward (or wherever he is)....and I have to say it screamed "Passions" - the look, feel, dialogue, and acting. What is going on??? That was really hard to watch.

• Members

Wow really? It didn't to me at all. I can't watch Passions for more than 5 minutes without rolling my eyes and turning the channel. I thought the stuff in the psych room common ward was great. (Okay, the actor playing the orderly was horrible) but I loved the rest. Humor and pathos. And I loved how the music coming from the cartoons on TV played like goofy background music for the scene.

On a serious note, I loved that we're seeing more and more of the real Steven Earl. Sticking up for the underdog and doing it while being an irreverent @ss is exactly what he'd do.

• Members

When Steve was walking through and seeing the patients, I agree with those that think it was like Passions. THe lady laughing at the tv and the man talking about the chickens.

I was impressed when Steve was talking to the Dr. about being afraid to take the pills because he feared they wouldn't help. So true to life, I can empathise.

When Duck called Shawn the Blue eyed orangutan.. I lmao.

Love seeing Max and Kayla together.

• Members

Glad to see Max and Kayla have a relationship. Great nod to history, even if that history's barely been touched with DB in the role. I hope we see more of it and an actual character develop if Mabby falls through like every other pairing for this cursed character. Brooks ha spotential, he just needs meat on his metaphorical bones, as a character.

• Members

It's great to see Max and Kayla together. Before Grandpa Shawn and Caroline adopted Frankie and Max, Steve and Kayla were the first to take them in. I love Max. I think he has a lot of potential, with or without Abby. It saddens me that Ashley will no longer be with the show, but I'm also being told that Abby is probably not being recasted, which means yet another cursed relationship for Max. Max and Abby had so much potential. Anyhoo, hopefully Max will move on from Abby and grow into a great character. He's our future hero.

For the first time, I'm enjoying the island storyline. I no longer read the EE so when Duck went into Shawn and Belle's room, I was anxious to find out what he learns about them. Gabby annoys the sh*t out of me, but I zone her out.

Steve is hilarious at the mental ward. His comments about getting to watch soaps made me chuckle lol. :lol:

• Members

For the first time, I get a sense that they may be getting ready to explore who Max is. They've set up pretty nicely with his dumping Chelsea, then Stephanie and then practically packing for Mimi to get her out of town that he's great at the first flush of romance but bails at the first sign of anything that's going to require effort on his part. That has to be tied to his abandonment/abuse issues as a child when he went months without speaking because he wouldn't let himself care about anyone.

Now they're pairing Mr. Bails-at-the-first-sign-of-trouble with Ms. Never-gives-up-no-matter-what. Should be really interesting to see if they use it as an opportunity to explore his character more.

If I were the writers, I'd use the next girl Max gets involved with as a way to really push his cut-and-run buttons. Abby was way too together to ever do that anyway *g*

• Members

I liked Steve's scenes today. When he was talking with Dr. Kraft, you got a sense of the desperation and confusion he's feeling. When he was out on the ward with the patients, it was campy and amusing but a great chance to see Steve's offbeat personality. And also his affinity with the underdog. I still don't understand why psychiatric drugs are being used on someone who's undergone brainwashing. After all these years of Dimeras, Salem should have a state of the art facility devoted to deprogramming brainwashing victims.

• Members

I agree. It was nice to hear Dr. Croft mention his brainwashing today because I wondered if she knew she had a person who did not have a mental illness but a condition caused by external intervention. It still doesn't seem right that a hospital for the criminally insane would be the place to work with Steve. At any rate, I loved Steve today. He was totally into his Patch mode and it was so wonderful to just enjoy him. Watching him take care of the patients the way only Steve could do and his humor, I think he could run that whole day room and have everyone eating out of the palm of his hand.

The OTR pair seem to be about to take off again. It's looking pretty dangerous around there for them. I still love Duck and wonder about his purpose and Gabby is not a real question as she is as readable as an open book. I did get a kick out of her saying she watched cop shows just like the sheriff did, but yet, there is no TV shown in the bar or S&B's room so I just assumed that there is no TV on Tinda Lau. Belle is making me believe that she is a caring mother at long last.

Max seems to fit so well with Kayla and just being with her gives him a look of purpose. He really needs that and to have a goal, direction and personality. I wish the hairstylers would do away with that middle part that looks stupid to me and accentuates his eyebrows and eyes which are definitely not his best feature. His smile is and that needs to be what is the focus of his face. His eyes can be evil or cruel but it could be the way the hair shows them off with that inverted V in his forehead.

• Members

Remember that time in the old Emergency Center when Kayla was swamped with whiny patients and Steve took over the waiting room and within a few minutes had them singing Christmas carols and giving each other massages? :)

• Members

I enjoyed today's show. I didn''t think I would but it had a nice feel to it.

Steve was in classic Steve form. The way he treated the patients and got into a fight with that orderly to stick up for the the patient he gave his tray to was so great. SN was fantastic. I liked the one liners he had, especially the "catching up on soaps" line.

Kayla and Max together was refreshing. These two should have a close relationship based on their past. Kayla and Steve took him and Frankie in afterall. It was great seeing Max with personality. He as quite funny. I agree that it looks like they are going to explore him as an individual, especially with all his previous romances and his current blossoming one with Abby. Max has great potential and DB is just great. He has been around since 2005 so he is not an unfamiliar face. I feel bad we are going to lose MABY but I still see lots to do for Max. I am glad Kayla is taking on the Dimera's and bringing Max into this is good. The umbrella feel is returning. It was great to see family interaction with these two. I hope to see more with them and others.

The island crew is really dragging for me. Duck is so annoying and so generic. I am glad he is only recurring and I was glad Gabby called him out on searching the room without permission. I actually liked that sheriff more then Duck. I do like Gabby. She doesn't seem like a one-note obsessed psycho to me. I like Bisco and enjoy this character. I am ready to move on though. I was getting excited seeing Shawn and Belle pack but then they decided to stay. I want to move on and get them back to Salem so things can really heat up.

I feel this was the best show all week. It was lighthearted and it didn't go around in circles like the past two days did.

• Members

Steve Nicholos saved that show today. He was amazing, and I loved all his little zingers. This is the Steve I want, not the screaming maniac.

I'm still on the fence about Gabby. She seems so sincere and friendly with Belle and yet she's obviously got a crush on Shawn. She seems to really want to help them, but I just don't know if she can be trusted. I hope the writers do something different, instead of a Jan/Willow redux because we've been there/done that too many times.

Archived