AMC: Friday

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The other one was weird. Like he appeared catatonic most of the time. He only used to talk to Jacob and David, but he would never say anything to Alexa. We're supposed to believe that Babe's the best parent for Little Adam, but whenever Jared would be in scenes with Alexa, he'd go all :mellow: but talk up a storm in scenes with the Chandler men.

Speaking of Alexas, the Alexa that plays Kathy is adorable! She and Hayley Evans don't seem to get freaked out by the other actors. The rest of these kids, I swear... :mellow::mellow::mellow:

• Members

oh, alwaysAMC, you are SO right about the new little A. That kid is about as lifeless and annoying as James No. 2 on "Passions," about whom I considered writing a letter to NBC, begging them to brutally murder the child since his portrayer was boring, ugly and just not "Passions."

That kid playing little A is awful, ABC. Get him off my screen!

Meanwhile, did Bianca LIE to Lily, or am I blind? There WAS red at that party! I counted at least three red balloons!

• Members

JointstrikeFighter, Bianca did lie to lily. Those ballons sure did look RED to me.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks Little Adam is lifeless in his scenes. He must be mimicking Jacob because some of the actors are just there in the scene and offer nothing else.

• Members

Okay, I'm not autistic, nor do I know much about this condition, so I just want to get that out there and admit that this next question may seem ignorant: but are they color-blind? Only see red? What's the deal? Because I kept waiting for Lily to call out Bianca for blatantly LYING to her like that! I mean, unless the AMC script writer didn't communicate with the set designer, and that's how this horrible mess happened, the show screwed up BIG time, and that entire episode's quality is called into question just because of one little, but also very noticeable and consequently HUGE blunder.

• Members

When they introduced the character of Lily with her mother Laurel in 1994-1995, it was written that she was autistic, but no mention of the color red bringing on a bout of panic. When the charcter returned from boarding school circa 2003, she would flip over red.

Autism Fact Sheet

I skimmed the website, but did not readily pick up on colors being a trigger which leads me to beleive that AMC chose the color for theatrics. Personally, I think it was the wrong color for many reasons. Red is the color of blood. What does Lily do if she suffers an injury? That time of the month? Or even the basics such as lipstick since so many women are fond of the coating. How does she interact with redheads? Does their hair further compromise her social anxiety?

A few years ago, Lily started SCREAMING on some train tracks when the light signal turned red. I think Erica had to save her. Last year when the pedophile was after her, she freaked out because she saw his blood and kept screaming "Red".

It's moreso a plot device in the same vein Bianca is a lesbian and Zoe a transgender. But yeah, AMC really dropped the ball in this scene. It was glaringly obvious that the ballons were RED!

• Members

Q Steph, you have no idea how relieved I am to have you confirm the balloons were red.

I didn't think the show could make such an obvious mistake, so naturally I initally questioned my OWN eyesight and even the television's settings, wondering if the balloons were actually orange and my eyes -- or the tv -- were deceiving me. It was a very scary minute there!

Thanks A LOT, AMC, for making me so insecure about myself! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

• Members

I think when they brought back Lily in the early 00's, they really worked with an autistic support group or some major people within the autistic community to write a real portrayal of an autistic teen - and AMC won much praise for writing Lily the way they have. I know that there are many triggers for autistic people to start 'acting out' (I really don't have a PC term for the way they act). Anyway, I know every autistic person has different triggers, but I've read/heard that certain colors are definitely triggers - and that red is the most common color.

They have done a great job in the past to ensure that red is no where around Lily - or else she does 'freak out' - and that if there is red, they've been sure to have Lily wear her sunglasses. I'm guessing that yesterday was a minor oversight, as Lily has been MIA for quite awhile, and Lily just forgot her glasses or the set directors didn't take Lily into consideration. The writers did though - and when Bianca and Lily talked about there being no red - I definitely noticed the red balloons and Myrtle's flaming red hair that was right next to Lily. I couldn't help but chuckle, bc I definitely could tell in Eden's eyes that she knew there were some red balloons in there and she felt funny saying it.

Late last year, after Terry died, Lily started dreaming of Terry attacking her, and she had a knife in her hand and started bleeding - and the sight of her own blood made her 'freak out' - and Amanda had to rush her to the hospital. So again, they usually think of these things. And I'm sure in real life, if an autistic person knows they have to be around red (the 'time of the month' or stop-signs or anything) they do have sunglasses or things they can use to take the red away while still being in contact with the red.

• Members

No offense, but seriously, what the hell does everyone expect from this show? We are talking about the same show that gave Erica Kane a walking fetus for son. You really think conginuity, authentivness (dunno if that's a word, but it sounds nice...LOL), realness, etc. mean jackshit to MMT and Co.? Really?

• Members

The Queen Ryan

So today he pronounces that Annie has been made Queen and has her own little special mirror and yes she would make a great queen and by that she can order than Ryan's head be cut off via guillotine and then nobody has to listen to him try to recite the ABCs or read from Harry Potter and think the book is geared towards little children when it is for grades 5 and up. But the best thing that Annie can do as Queen is torture Ryan like light a fire under his butt and have him fart out fireballs that will also light up boring people like Jonathan and Colby and then more people end up dying that do not mean a darn thing but alas it looks like she will go easy on St. Ryan since he is a saint and has some common with her as they both try to do good like make Paris Hilton smart and trampeze over through the halls of Harvard and she can knock on wood and also cause people to get woodies and be sucked into her power and then another good could be to have Rosie and Donald perform tonsil hockey on one another and do it faster than Bush nukes a nation and severs everyone's whack whacks and that just includes the men! Lord knows what he decides to do with boobs!

Archived