ATWT: Who's the next character to be destroyed to prob Gwen

• Members

Ok, first off this is not my list but I liked it so much I thought I would start a thread about it. Here is a list of everything being about Gwen.

Casey finally gets a gambling story but it turns out to be all about GWEN.

Maddie gets a story about her serial killer sister but it all about GWEN.

Will never gets a story unless it's all about GWEN.

Jade - no story - unless it's about GWEN.

Poor Luke - no story - unless he is hanging out with Jade and it's all about GWEN.

Barbara - no story - is an ATM machine for GWEN.

Adam portrayed to be creepy even thou his parents are Hal and Margo, he really never had a story except for the GWEN singing career and of course he falls in love with GWEN.

Other posters also added Carly,Tom, Margo to the list of people that are just around to prop Gwen or have been destoryed because of Gwen.

So my next question is who is next??

Also this list is mostly just of the recent things that have been done to prop Gwen please feel free to add other characters from her past storylines or other examples of how she has destroyed other characters.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I understand the frustration!!! The entire teen scene revolves around Gwen. Luke probably would be front and center if he was friends with Gwen. LOL.

What's next...Gwen being friends with Nancy, so we can get Nancy on more?

The saddest part of the Gwen-centricity is how it's destroyed Carly. The entire chain of destruction started with Carly thinking she had killed her "baby brother" in some jealous snit. Once Carly had served her purpose (being the meanie that kept her child from her), they've barely been in scenes together. Even now, with Carly gone, Gwen has never ONCE looked in on her neice and nephew.

psst...I know it's a mistake, but "de-storyed" just cracks me up. It's so true!!

• Members

I don't think characters are being destroyed to prop Gwen or b/c of Gwen. I think they're all being destroyed by the hack writing the show!!

I love Gwen. Even after all this, I still have some glimmer of adoration for the character and especially the actress.

I can see, though, the way that J.P. has been leaning lately, that Jack and Alison are prolly next. <_<

• Members

Based on summer spoilers, maybe a real life person like Yakov Smirnoff or Mel Tillis. LOL

This happens on all soaps these days, the writers become enamored with one or two characters and write non-stop stories for them. But you can't go from one story to the next like this without running out of ORIGINAL ideas very quickly. See Gwen's next story after this, which starts about two seconds after this one.

• Members

Hack writing is one thing...but when almost every character on canvas is used to serve as mere props to "develop" one character, that's outrageous to me.

I can't imagine what JP and the other writers find so fascinating about Gwen that they'd completely ignore the potential of other fascinating characters to prop her up (ie. Will, Luke, Barbara, Carly, etc.)

Archived