AMC: SOW Scoops

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am of the mind that any character--if played by a competent actor--can be written for, and be entertaining. When a character is a perfect blend of actor and writing, it works. I love Thorsten's Zach, and AMC would take a major hit if he left. Do I wish Ryan and Babe were gone instead? YES. Nothing against CM or AH---it's just that the show shoves Ryan and Babe down our throats like they are both these wonderful, caring characters, when they are probably the two of the most self-centered, deplorable people in Pine Valley. But, under a skilled writer, both could be good again. I really liked Ryan back in his con-man, Gillian days, and Babe was a hoot when she first came on. AMC seems to be determined to keep both characters on this unappealing route. I FF thru 90% of any Ryan or Babe scenes, unless they are with characters who I do enjoy. I FF all the Babe/Josh junk and Ryan/Jonathan and a lot of Ryan and Annie (watch some 'cause I kinda like her).

• Members

Yeah, I really wouldn't care if JY left. He's been phoning it in lately. The JR character has been ruined with the weird and repetitive writing. I say the best thing to do is have JR leave town (hopefully Babe leaves as well), and then after a few months he comes back with a new fresh actor playing the role.

• Members

I agree. I do feel that Jacob has been phoning it in lately. Ever since Babe's "death" he has just been off IMO. He just seems odd in most of his scenes and it's even more apparent because he is in scenes with Bobbie Eakes, David Canary and Micheal E. Knight all veteran performers. But I still think Jacob is one of the better young actors this show has right now. AMC isn't exactly do well in terms of male performers under 35. Jacob, Jeffery Carlson, Jeff and Colin are really the only ones who even rate IMO in terms of strong acting.

AMC is going to hell in a hand basket if it's true that all of these actors and actresses are leaving.

Eden Rigel

Jeffery Carlson

Alexa Havins

Jacob Young

Thorsten Kaye

Justin Bruening

All of these actors have been critically praised for their roles as their characters. This is going to leave a huge gap in an already unrecognizable show. Dixie, David, Brooke, Erin, Simone, Dani are all gone as well. What is AMC going to be about?

The unimportant wildwind gang, the adventures of Lily/Ava, Kendell/Ryan/Annie/Greenlee, A shattered Kane family (Bianca's presence's is needed there is a huge hole when she leaves), There are also rumors about Walt leaving too where will that leave Erica? John James' Jeff can't be around for long either and as soon as Kate Collin's leaves again what is going to be left?

The only slightly interesting thing I see is Tad/Krystal/Adam with the new baby and if Tad ever gets to see Kate again. All the rest just seems blown to crap.

Archived