AMC: SOW Scoops

• Members

Thanks to ZnK's Jules

TK "cover" story:

Under Revolving Door: Leaving?

Fasten your seatbelts for a potential soap-wide exodus. First up? Thorsten Kaye (Zach) could be on his way out at All My Children. "My contract is up April 22," says Kaye. "AMC is rebuilding and all the pieces are in place. We can do better and I'd like to be a part of that. The pitch is always good, but the follow-through is what concerns me. We'll see."

The rest of this article is about Grayson McCouch, Terri Colombino and Thad Luckinbill and their respective contracts on their shows.

There's no AMC main story.

Week of March 26: Adam gets a taste of his own medicine.

A mysterious woman arrives in Pine Valley.

JR plots to take over Chandler Enterprises.

Annie answers Ryan's proposal.

Can't Miss: Friday, March 30: Erica makes a horrifying discovery.

Week of April 2: Adam seeks revenge. A stubborn Krystal refuses to leave the mansion. Bianca embraces her feelings for Zoe. JR isn't as agreeable as he's led Babe to believe.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So proud of the one about Bianca & Zoe. I am really warming up to them. I was all set to hate Zoe but I don't. I would have loved Bianca with a woman, but Jeffrey Carlson has been so convincing that I buy him as a man that is really a woman. It is not the writing that has done it - it is totally due to how convincing he is in the role. I don't see him as a man at all, and when he is dressed as a woman I buy him as a woman.

I think Reigel & Carlson have great chemistry too.

I love Thorsten Kaye but hate Zach so I hope he does decide to leave. I loved him on OLTL & PC but hate him on AMC.

• Members

So he still hasn't re-signed. Gosh, I am worried now. You never know what TK will do. They are really cutting it close then, I wonder how on earth they will write him off if he choses to leave. The only plausible scenario is he gets "killed off"

God I don't know if I could take that. :(

Losing Tad/Dixie and Zach/Kendall in less than 6 months, a little too much for this emotional soap fan to take. We'll see.

He has to be pleased McT is out and he sounds as if he likes what he sees in terms of behind the scenes shake ups. Hopefully he is just teasing us.

Zach and Kendall forever!

• Members

Personally I think it's disgusting to wish any actor to be out of a job, I may not like Alexa or Babe, but I'd never wish Alexa out of a job.

They lose TK, and SID is saying Eden and Jeffrey are leaving later this year, they lose Alexa and Jacob, I'm sorry but this show is FUCKED.

TK is their biggest star right now.

• Members

I would definitely not say he is their biggest star. Sure he has fans but there are just as many fans out there who can't stand his character. And for every Zendell fan on this board you will find one who equally hates them.

Just look at the thread on the 10 Best & Worst and you will see the mixed bag there toward him and Zendell.

And look at the Rate the AMC Characters Game Results. Zendell/Zack are not the most hated characters on the show but they have many detractors. Zack did better this time but for all the love he is supposed to have out there he was still unable to break the top 10, and many other characters moved in front of Kendell this time knocking her from 4th Favorite Character to 8th. Several that voted said her involvement with Zach pulled her down in their minds. She was hardly ever out of the top 10 characters on most people's votes but last time she was in the top 5 on most charts but this time was moved in the bottom 5 of the Top 10 on most charts.

I am a big Thorsten Kaye fan - always have been but the Zack character is one of the worst to ever hit AMC. Sorry if that offends but I put him right there on my list of worst characters on right now. Babe, Josh, JR, Jonathan, Ryan, Jeff, Sean, Derek, Del, and Zack filled out my bottom 10 characters in the Rate the Characters game.

I honestly don't think Thorsten will be out of work long if he does leave. There have been way too many rumors about him and GH. I hope he goes over there. Hopefully they will give him a better character to play. He deserves it.

• Members

No one knows how long of an extension Jacob signed but it is rumoured to have only been a year. So if Alexa leaves, I imagine Babe and J.R will reunite and most likely leave town. I think Jamie will probably be recast. Hopefully with someone who can act this time.

I would agree that Thorsten Kaye is one of AMC's most valuable stars right now. AMC can't afford to lose him IMO because without Zach.... the storyline possibilities for Kendall, are shall we say nauseating to even ponder :blink:

cough*rendall*cough

• Members

I would bet on TK staying now that if McTavish is out. If she was still around, he'd be out the door no doubt.

Alexa, Justin, Jacob are all leaving at the end of the summer. JY signed his one year extension last August already, so it's coming up again. Hopefully they can kill Babe off. Either JR or Jamie will be recast (or both).

Archived