What accent do you have?

Brandeis

• Members

"You have a Midland accent" is just another way of saying "you don't have an accent." You probably are from the Midland (Pennsylvania, southern Ohio, southern Indiana, southern Illinois, and Missouri) but then for all we know you could be from Florida or Charleston or one of those big southern cities like Atlanta or Dallas. You have a good voice for TV and radio.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What American accent do you have?
Your Result: The Northeast

Judging by how you talk you are probably from north Jersey, New York City, Connecticut or Rhode Island. Chances are, if you are from New York City (and not those other places) people would probably be able to tell if they actually heard you speak.

Philadelphia

The Inland North

The Midland

The South

Boston

The West

North Central

Quiz Created on GoToQuiz

Funny I don't even live in the US :lol:

• Members

:lol: Maybe I've watched one to many John Waters movies and picked up the accent., since I'm from West Virginia

Your Result: Philadelphia

Your accent is as Philadelphian as a cheesesteak! If you're not from Philadelphia, then you're from someplace near there like south Jersey, Baltimore, or Wilmington. if you've ever journeyed to some far off place where people don't know that Philly has an accent, someone may have thought you talked a little weird even though they didn't have a clue what accent it was they heard.

The Midland

The Northeast

The South

The Inland North

Boston

The West

North Central

Quiz Created on GoToQuiz

• Members

Total wrong for me. I must have done something wrong. I answer phones from all over the US and Puerto Rico. EVERYONE asks me if I am from Boston. I live 30 minutes from there. THis quiz states I am from Wisconsin

• Members
Your Result: The Midland

"You have a Midland accent" is just another way of saying "you don't have an accent." You probably are from the Midland (Pennsylvania, southern Ohio, southern Indiana, southern Illinois, and Missouri) but then for all we know you could be from Florida or Charleston or one of those big southern cities like Atlanta or Dallas. You have a good voice for TV and radio.

The South

Philadelphia

The Inland North

The Northeast

The West

Boston

North Central

What American accent do you have?Quiz Created on GoToQuiz
I have a Maryland accent, but this is pretty much spot on, and I do have an AA degree in Broadcasting.

• Members

LMFAO!! No surprise here!!

Your Result: The South

That's a Southern accent you've got there. You may love it, you may hate it, you may swear you don't have it, but whatever the case, we can hear it.

The Midland

Philadelphia

The West

The Inland North

The Northeast

Boston

North Central

Quiz Created on GoToQuiz

• Members

Well, no fooling this quiz...

Your Result: Boston

You definitely have a Boston accent, even if you think you don't. Of course, that doesn't mean you are from the Boston area, you may also be from New Hampshire or Maine.

The West
The Midland
North Central
The Northeast
Philadelphia
The Inland North
The South

• Members

The West

The South

Boston

The Inland North

North Central

Philadelphia

The Northeast

• Members

***I have a Midwestern accent so it got it right...I wasn't born in the Midwest but mom was born in Minnesota and dad born in Wisconsin so I inherited it from them :)***

• Members

***I have a Midwestern accent so it got it right...I wasn't born in the Midwest but mom was born in Minnesota and dad born in Wisconsin so I inherited it from them :)***

• Members
Your Result: The Northeast

Judging by how you talk you are probably from north Jersey, New York City, Connecticut or Rhode Island. Chances are, if you are from New York City (and not those other places) people would probably be able to tell if they actually heard you speak.

The Inland North

Philadelphia

The South

The Midland

Boston

North Central

The West

• Members

The West is a pretty close second for me which probably makes sense since I live between The Midlands and The West.

• Members

AlwaysAMC may call himself Midland, but that SOB is turning southern.....LOL. He knows hes got the twang!

I can not get mine to copy into this post, but I was listed as The Inland North.

"You may think you speak "Standard English straigh out of the dictionary" but when you step away from the Great Lakes you get asked if you are from Wisconsin or Chicago. Chances are you call carbonated soft drinks "pop".

I do call it pop...cause thats what it is!

• Members

My brother moved up to Pittsburgh in January from Nashville and last week when we both came back in town he told me a story that I thought was hilarious. Me and my bro just always call soft drinks coke because we usually just drink coke. Anyway he was up north and asked for some coke and the guy freaked out thinking he was asking for some drugs.

Archived