What accent do you have?

Brandeis

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Here is what I was told:

Your Result: The Midland

"You have a Midland accent" is just another way of saying "you don't have an accent." You probably are from the Midland (Pennsylvania, southern Ohio, southern Indiana, southern Illinois, and Missouri) but then for all we know you could be from Florida or Charleston or one of those big southern cities like Atlanta or Dallas. You have a good voice for TV and radio.

• Members

What American accent do you have?

"You have a Midland accent" is just another way of saying "you don't have an accent." You probably are from the Midland (Pennsylvania, southern Ohio, southern Indiana, southern Illinois, and Missouri) but then for all we know you could be from Florida or Charleston or one of those big southern cities like Atlanta or Dallas. You have a good voice for TV and radio.

The West

Boston

The South

Philadelphia

North Central

The Northeast

The Inland North

Quiz Created on GoToQuiz

Well - the results are right.

• Members

Your Result: The South

That's a Southern accent you've got there. You may love it, you may hate it, you may swear you don't have it, but whatever the case, we can hear it.

The Midland

Philadelphia

The Inland North

The West

The Northeast

North Central

Boston

Quiz Created on GoToQuiz

• Members

Seriously I am from Eastern KY that is about as hillbilly as you get. Think David and Mary from The Amazing race, eh, unsecond thought, I always want to correct anyone who pronounces "Mary" as "Murry", which alot of people seem to pronounce it around here. :lol:

• Members

The West

The South

Boston

The Inland North

North Central

Philadelphia

The Northeast

• Members

I havent met too many people from the north, but my brother is engaged to a girl from Pittsburgh who I see all the time and has told me I have a southern accent. I don't really think I have one, but my brother's fiance is probably right. I can't stand to hear people here in the south(I live in Knoxville/Nashville) draw out there words what seems like forever. I grew up as a city boy so my southern accent isn't too bad compared to some. I love my bro's fiance's accent, and love how she is always saying you guys instead of ya'll.

• Members

I f-love a real southern accent. Embrace it KBT.

Since English was not my first language I find my way of speaking it is maybe more maleable; same for my siblings. You should hear my brother in BAHston. He vacations in Cape CAAAAHD.

I have cousins in BEEYUFFallo, New York (Keeeyusins). They laugh (leeyaff) at me for living in KEYANADA.

• Members

The West

The South

The Inland North

Boston

The Northeast

North Central

Philadelphia

What American accent do you have?Quiz Created on GoToQuiz

• Members

The South
The West
The Northeast
The Inland North
Philadelphia
Boston
North Central
What American accent do you have?Quiz Created on GoToQuiz
I think my accent is confused... I grew up going back and forth between Kentucky and Ohio. My twang comes out sometimes.

Archived