PERFECT Brenda Recast

• Members

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now I know man MANY fans are against the role being recast but a lot of people like myself would fine it very interesting

Anyway,..people are suggesting Gina T from GL and I agree with a lot of VM fans

GT looks nothing like VM and I think it would be a total miscast but I did think about Annie Parisse

http://www.soapcentral.com/atwt/whoswho/julia.php

SHe played the original Julia on ATWT and got a emmy nod for the role

After she left ATWT,..GH was buzzing her for a while to come to PC because they believed she would look good with maurice benard plus,..she was offered the role of Reese and she turned it down and if you think about it, she favors VM a lot

what do you guys think??

even though you dont want a brenda recast

Could you see AP in the role?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Look-wise, Amy van Horne from The City is perfect recast! She was Carla Solieto on The City (Tracy Quartermaine's step daughter). She maybe isn't as strong actress as Vanessa, but to me neither Vanessa is a new Susan Flannery... so they are pretty close in acting as well...

So if they want to recast, I would say Amy Van Horne.. :)

• Members

I've been saying this for months now and ITA...

Amy Van Horne should be the ONLY one TPTB are looking at for a Brenda recast. They have a similar look and she has proven chemistry with powerhouses like Laura Wright, Ted King, and Jane Elliot.

Amy may not have chemistry with a doorknob, but no one can turn it the way she can. But I can understand why they would overlook her. She hasn't acted in daytime in nearly 10 years, she's not a name, and her look may very well have changed since then, although I doubt it. If I rememver correctly, Van Horne was teaching acting in LA. I mean, give her good lighting, makeup, hair, and BAM, it's 1997 all over again.

She should have been snapped up by a soap ASAP. I hear she auditioned for PORT CHARLES too(I bet it was for the Eve part, which I would have preferred she nabbed the role over melodramatic Julie Pinson).

• Members

Nope AP just doesn't seem right to me. I like GT even though she doesn't look like Vanessa, she has the acting chops. Laura Wright looks nothing like Sarah Brown. If there HAD to be a Brenda recast, I would rather it be Gina.

• Members

HaHa but AP not only has the acting chops,..she can play all type of roles..thats her talent plus she looks just like VM and both Roles GH offered her were going to be love interest's for Sonny and one was Reese

Archived