Would Rebecca Budig or Gina Tognoni be the better Brenda Barrett on GH?

• Members

I don't think any actress owns a character. My problem with bringing Brenda back is why? What purpose would she serve? I guess it would give Jax a love. Almost any character can be recast in my opinon. Now OLTL does have a few who can't: Luke, Laura and Sonny.

I didn't think the NuCarly would work, but I love her. I think she brings a great mix of humor, sass, stubborn and she has great chemistry with the entire cast. So I think recasts are possible.

I honestly think bringing in a Brenda now would just doom the new actress. There really is no reason for her. There is only so many different ways and times that they can push a Jax/WOMAN/Sonny triangle.

I want Gina to return to OLTL and hook up with Dan G's Kevin. As far as Rebecca Budig, I think she would be fine in the part, but I also think it would be a bad career move on her part. The day the original actress decides she's ready to return, the person in that job is screwed and is back on the streets.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No no no to a Brenda recast. Vanessa is Brenda. However, if I had to choose, I would definetly go with Gina simply because she is the better actress. I like RB, but not as Brenda.

What I would love, is Vanessa as Brenda and Gina as Carly. I always wanted Gina as Carly. I would love to see the two of them up against each other

Archived