• Members

Cover

Multi-Show Cover (from biggest pic to smallest)

Bo/Hope, DAYS - Tragedy!

Jax/Carly, GH - Disastrous Decision

Jill, Y&R - DNA Bombshell!

Ashley, B&B - Secret Past Revealed!

Sami, DAYS - Faker

Inset, John, DAYS - Bizarre But True! Set of bedsheets has DAYS fans furious

http://soapzone.com/boards/read.php/gh/main/8106145

I can't beleive the stupid bedsheet thing made the cover. Nothing like feeding the fanbases but...the Bope on the cover is a good thing. That should make people happy.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

First, no, they're not. It was a comforter set. Second, it's not about the frickin' comforter set, it's about the disrespect shown. And the frustration that they encourage campaigns then just ignore them or "steal them". J&M fans didn't spend their money to give a couple most/some don't care about a brand new look for their bedroom set. It was part of a JOHN AND MARLENA campaign. A campaign similar to what other fans have done for their favourite couples. Lumi fans, B&H fans, J&J fans... all have done it.

• Members

I know the fans sent in the comforter set in the hopes that they would be featured more. While I understand where the J & M fans are coming from, frankly, the show does NOT revolve around John and Marlena. They cannot always be front and center. There ARE other characters to showcase. John and Marlena had pretty much from Dee's return in 1992 (or 1993, I can't remember which) to last year of non stop front burner status. Let someone else shine for once.

It just sounds to me that the J & M fans are pissed off because the two characters aren't obsessed over by Hogan like they were by previous HW's. I have faith that Hogan will use them a lot in the near future, but other storylines are important too. The fans need to realize that.

• Members

Honestly? If I were TPTB, every single box of candy, every single gift would be sent back to the fans with a big "Return to Sender" sticker on them. People would be more than welcome to send in their letters and share their opinions with those in charge, but campaigns IMO have always felt, at best, over the top.

• Members

And to add to Shawn's stuff, I know a lot of J&M fans haven't been satisfied by the bad stories that had them front burner in recent years. It sucks. But they were front burner with great stuff for the first few months. I think it's atrocious Marlena's not being seen, even if it's away from John while he's comatose. She has so many other roles she coudl fill in the meantime. But, as Shawn's said, they've been front burner since 1991. Whethe rit's all been good or not is debatable, but they have been. And they're not the only ones, Sami hasn't gotten a break, and probably should, but the point is -- patience.

• Members

You're aboslutely right, Keith. There is so much going on right now that Marlena could be involved with. She could be assigned to Steve's case to give him therapy, which I have faith will happen someday. Sami needs her mother right now. Does Marlena even know she's pregnant? I don't think so. I have yet to see or hear anyone telling Marlena that Shawn, Belle and Claire are "dead." It's just wrong.

• Members

Other headwriters? Higley despised them and actually said she was backburnering them, Langan dang near ruined them, Reilly did one heck of a trip on them the second time and while I'll give you that John has pretty much been frontburner since 1991, Marlena has not and J&M as a couple have not. There's so much for Marlena to do right now. I don't wanna hear from Bo that she's upstairs giving a statement, I wanna see her. They're bringing on new characters and bringing back old ones, and it's just a slap in the face.

We're not asking for it to revolve around them, we're asking that they actually be shown.

It sucks being backburner right now because Hogan has shown that he can write some terrific stuff for them (I LOVED the first months, and I loved hearing what he said about what he wanted to write for them). The bicker, spunk and sass was back in them, which was just awesome. This is a case of classic Corday.

When you have ratings problems like DAYS does, you bring on the people who give you ratings. J&M and B&H are proven rating grabbers and they're backburner. They should be out there trying to save the world and entertaining us with actual good writing behind them.

• Members

I agree, Linn. It sucks to look at the Big 4 as nothing but rating grabbers, but you can't deny that they are. DAYS isn't doing so good right now in the ratings. I have no idea why, but the fact that they're not being shown could be a factor. Is it just a coincidence? Maybe, but it may not be.

• Members

Days is a business and so a lot depends on what department the comforter set was sent to and how it was presented. As a business, Days has to account for it's inventory and every single item used in every single episode accounted for. Unless there is a provision for a gift with no value, it would take away from the profit and loss and if it had to be given a value, the same in reverse as they have no money to offset it. I agree and think many businesses actually do this, just return to sender. It's more trouble that it's worth. If it ended up going to Dee or Drake, they could have kept it, but I would think they would thank the fans for it. I do know from reading though that Drake's car was used in an episode and some of Kristian's jewelry has been used so they do have a provision for using items not owned by them....most likely rented.

NOTE: I just read the SOD spoilers where it says that the fans are angry because they used the comforter set for Steve and Kayla, so they did use it, then. I think that speaks volumns about what they think of gifts with demands attached. It should have just been returned to sender.

Archived