DAYS: I'm going to see Kristian Alfonso!!

• Members

It wouldn't be cheesey. It would be sentimental and it would make a lot of sense. Addie and Doug named Hope because she was Addie's hope while she battled through cancer.

30 years later, Hope was in turmoil thanks to Patrick and she always had 'faith' that Bo would find her and her baby. It's not cheesey.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Thank you!! ''Lame'' is a better word. I don't see why everyone doesn't get what you just said Ponz. Anything but Destiny, Faith etc would have been fine, just not those names. It would be nice if she was nemed Addie, Alice or something. But I also think its a nice touch for Ciara to have Alice as a middle name since I don't think it's necessary to name the baby after anyone really, middle name is fine though.

I would have been OK with Julia since it's not the exact same name. Although, since Alice has always been there for Hope, she (and Frances) deserves to have something from her living on when she's not.

• Members

meandkristianrq3.jpg

Okay. So I arrived Saturday. Didn't even have to pay the $8 admission fee because I got there like an hour before the market closed. Finally found her booth. I got mad/sad there for a minute because I didn't see her first off. She was hidden in the crowd. My heart was seriously jumping up my throat when she turned around. She was helping one girl in front of me. She was extremely poilte and telling the girl how "exsquisite" the necklace looked on her. (BTW, I think all soap actors have no accent. A few have one, but Kristian as "Hope" doesn't really have one. But when she talked, you could tell she was from up north. She crazy pronunciated.)

Anyways, I stood there for about 10 minutes while she helped the girl with her necklace. And then she went to another couple. Finally, one of the girls helping at the booth asked if she could help me. I was gonna get something for my pregnant sister-in-law. However, the cheapest thing she had were these tiny earrings and they were $35. I only had like $20 to my name, so I just told the girl I'd get a little "Hope, Faith, & Miracles" pamphlet and have Kristian sign it.

A few times when she would go behind the counter, she'd say "Excuse me" or "Are you all together?", to which I replied "No, ma'am". Finally, after about another ten minutes of waiting....someone told her I wanted a picture taken and a pamphlet autographed. So she brisks my arm....

Kristian: Excuse me. Are you wanting to take a picture?

Me: Yes, ma'am.

Kristian: Okay. Well, why don't you get everything set up while I assist these customers?

So I pulled my camera out, turned it on, then waited another five minutes. Finally, she decided to take a picture with me. While the guy worker taking the picture figured out my tricky camera, I quickly bluted out "I've been watching you since I was five". Then, she wasn't able to respond, because the guy asked me which button to press. The first time he tried to take the picture, he didn't wait for the flash and thought he had taken the picture. Kristian said "Yes". I was like "Uh no!" Haha!! Finally, he took the picture and Kristian said "Thank you". Then, she went back to helping people, but one of her helpers said "He wants an autograph, too." So then she poked fun at the situation, running back and forth between the customers and myself...as if to say she was needed in a million places. Then, she signed the pamphlet.

As I put my camer back up, I noticed her sister. (I had heard someone address her as that earlier and Kristian said that she was her older sister and she always got away with everything while Kristian was left to do everything and get in trouble for everything.....so...) I asked if she was Kristian's sister. She replied yes, she was her older sister. I laughingly said "Well why aren't you on a soap opera?" She kinda smirked and said "It's not my thing". So I asked her what she did for a living and she replied that she runs/owns her own dental lab.

As I started to walk off, she was taking a picture with some others in the line behind me. (It was a short line, though. Like I said, everything was nearing closing time.) I touched her arm and said "Thank you so much". And she replied 'the pleasure was all mine".

I would've asked some DAYSy questions, maybe asked her to check out SON, but everything was going so fast once I finally did grab her attention and I didn't feel like holding any customers up that were actually buying her jewelry and such. (BTW, the necklace the girl in front of me bought was $120!! Everything was hell-a-'spensive!)

All in all, I was kind of impressed. She was nothing like I imagined her. She seemed very "show-off"y at times, but at other times, she seemed like a real classy gal. I didn't know what to think. But alas, I met her. :)

• Members

Yeah. She did seem very down to earth. But she wasn't very laid back. She walked around with her shoulders constantly held back like a robot and at times, seemed a little "show off"-y.

i.e. Here in North LA, we are a completely different region than South LA. Yes, we have gumbo and crawfish and stuff but we don't have jazz and gators and such. Anyways, while she was helping a customer, she went behind the booth and ate a beignet. We never see those up here and she was eating one. Now, in South LA, they run rampant. You can't look away without seeing one. But up here, you see one every blue moon. And there she was eating one. I don't know. That just seemed a bit show-off-y to me.

And plus, I think she could have been a bit more laid back. It looked as if she felt like she was at a funeral or something. And she was constantly using big words like "exsquisite" and "delectable". :blink:

Not to mention I had to stay in line 35 minutes just to get something autographed and a picture taken. And the line consisted of a woman in front of me buying jewelry, a family that cut in line and the mother wanted some jewelry, then there was me and another DAYS fan behind me wanting autographs and such. Which I can understand she'd want to help the people actually buying her jewelry, but once I got done, I had taken up maybe five minutes. I just didn't see why it took her so long.

But oh well. Like I said, I met her and I always thought she was just like Hope on DAYS but she's really not. She's totally different.

On a scale of 1 to 10>>me meeting Kristian= a 6

Archived