The Prestige .... ending discussion

DaysFanJean

• Members

Ahhh I LOVED this movie. I always had a suspicion that Borden had a twin while watching, bc I really thought that assistant guy looked like Christian Bale underneath all that disguise. It was just a little idea in the back of my mind when watching...

Whoever said Angiers had all the doubles in the basement from that trick was right. Angiers never had a surviving double - all the clones were drowned at the end of the trick in the water, which is what we saw at the end. Borden's twin did survive.

Anyway, great movie - I recommend everyone seeing it!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I watched again and saw it all except I never would have realized that Borden had a twin and even knowing it, didn't get the clues. The last scene was amazing and really shocking. It definitely didn't have the same impact on me the first time. So, tell me how did Angiers get the doubles? I saw the one drunk guy who was a perfect match, but did that box create the clones? And, so that is why it was pushed into the dungeon with all the dead clones? It was appropriate that it was burned at the end. Another question. Was the surviving Borden the actual father of the little girl?

• Members

Jean, I'm so glad that you watched it again/gave it another shot! I love this movie. Angiers did get the doubles from that machine that he was using in his trick. That first 'double' was just a luck chance that they were able to find someone real out there that looked like Angiers. It wasn't until after all that went down, that Angiers started using that machine in his trick to create a double. And yes, at the end the box was pushed into the dungeon with all the dead clones. I'm not sure if that was the Borden who was the girl's father or not. We never got a clear picture as to who was her real father, which brother.

Archived