Who is John Black?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yes, it would be. Stefano may be an evil, heartless bastard but he a) worships his children and B) worships Marlena. If a and b were married, that's just making it all out of character.

I wanted John to be the real Roman, but after how the Bradys have treated him whenever they don't need a favour... no thanks.

• Members

I know what you mean, Linn. The Bradys don't deserve John. I have yet to see Caroline or Grandpa Shawn visit John in the hospital. What about Kayla? She's taking out his freaking kidney! Would she do that to Bo or Roman? I don't think so. And we already know Roman has animosity towards John. He hates his guts in a non-showing way.

The Bradys don't give a damn about John. The only time they interact with him is when they need something. Now I know where Bo gets it from when he only talks to Victor when he needs something. Look at who raised him!

• Members

To be fair, no one ever interacted with anyone in the past if they weren't part of their storyline, especially under JER. And Marlena has hardly been seen with John in the hospital let alone Caroline or Shawn Sr. A few haunting dreams and that's it.

• Members

But we know Marlena's there. They're always make reference to Marlena being at the hospital. We have heard nothing about GS and Caroline going to visit the man they look at as their "son." The two were pretty happy when John and Marlena risked their lives to get Kayla a cure. Bo really is a Brady.

• Members

Um no, but you know, treating him like a human and not punching him might be nice. It's not to much that as the ignoring of both him and Marlena until the Bradys need J&M to fix their marriage or save some lives. Cause then they're "family". This "Hey, let's go risk our lives to save your dying-in-a-few-hours daughter but yo, you don't need to thank us by including us in your family thanksgiving where you thank the person who said a few words but didn't move his [though cute] behind" situation is just the last of many.

We know Marlena's actually BEEN there though, she's there like 24/7. The last visitor we saw (minus Steve kidnapping him) was ... Sami? In early January.

• Members

If her only other option were letting them die at the hands of a butcher? In a heartbeat.

I hate the retcon the made Drake John instead of Roman. But the ship has sailed to retcon him back to Roman because of Shelle and Claire. I'd still love for him to turn out to be Shawn's. I always figured some kind of Shawn/Daphne dalliance was the origin of the DiMera/Brady feud. Althought I think it would ROCK if it turned out that Shawn was some kind of major criminal back in Ireland before he moved the the US and wiped the slate clean. And that something he did turned Stephano into the monster we know now.

Bottom line, I hate that John's identity has been based on the whims of whatever writer had control of him and I'd love to see Sheffer come up with a story that somehow reconciles all those retcons and gives us a definitive answer on John.

• Members

Sorry, that point of history I really want to block my mind from. But why didn't Sam tell her about John or Alex? Or Trista? Even Frank Evans has appeared on the show! JER really made a mistake with the Alex North story and sorry but I think it would be bad to add more to that story.

Archived