Days~Could John have another family out there?

• Members

I was thinking about the time when John got his memories back of Princess Gina when he was on his honeymoon with Marlena. Those memories were when John was Stefano's pawn though. What if one day in Salem John woke up and remembered that he had a familiy from before Stefano days. So he went to see her and they concieved EJ. Stefano found out about it and wiped out John's past again. Meaning John returned to Salem and this beautiful good women raised EJ to be a good man until Stefano got a hold of him and EJ developed these two personalities to please both parents.

I feel there is some connection between John and Stefano and Stefano and the Brady's so I thought this could be an option also.

Fans that know Hogan Sheffer from his previous shows he's been on says Hogan loves foreshadowing. So when Marlena said she knows John could have a family out there could they be talking about EJ.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I find it hard to believe that EJ could be so closely related to John. John is a good man when he is not under the Dimera influence. Even if supposedly EJ were John's son from the past and later raised by the Dimera's, don't you think he would at least carry one or more of John's traits? As far as I think, theres no such connection between John and EJ.

Moreover, I don't think EJ has a split personality. He is a cold-hearted ba$t@rd all around. The only time he is genuine and caring is when it is advantageous to him. For example, he appeared to be a completely different person around Sami, but he had an alterior motive, which we're all aware of. He's been sincere to Kate, and its evident why ... she's pleasing him. He's come off as sweet to Billie recently, but I'm sure theres some reason for that, too. EJ is deliciously evil and only that. Anytime that that description appears not to fit the way he's acting, he's putting on an act to fulfill his plans.

• Members

I have always wanted John to be Roman Brady, But, I do think he has a family out there somewhere. I don't think it's EJ though.

I remember on the Days Sony site there was a list on what fans expected/wanted to see in 2007. One of those was that John remembered he had a life with Sam before Marlena. If he is not Roman I would be ALL FOR THAT! It would be logical because Sam would not have told her parents, Marlena, Trista, or any other family members because she might have grown to dislike them due to her extreme jealousy of Marlena. John then mabye left her or got captured by the DiMera's and Sam felt pained again and her jealousy of Marlena returned because once she heard about Marlena's status with life at the time she would think "Why does she get the good life and I don't?!" and thats when heads to Salem and stars getting on drugs and soon impersonate Marlena.

LOL, I kind of turned the focus to Sam for a minute. Anyway the reason John fell for Marlena could have been because she reminded him of Sam. I would be for John having a life with Sam because it would explain alot about both characters.

• Members

I honestly believe that John will turn out to be Stefano's son. Tony found out and that was the real reason for Melaswen and the reason he "killed" Stefano.

John's past is an open book and every single head writer tries to come up with something new. I would expect Hogan to do no differently.

• Members

I hope they leave John's past alone. Even though it would be sorta cool to explain the stupid neverending kidnapping crap, that's something that the show really needs to put behind it, imho. And John's past is confusing enough.

I hope the foreshadowing, if that's what it was, wasn't a reference Willow & Jed. I'm increasingly concerned about how they'll tie those two in.

• Members

The only change they should make to John's past is to make the Gina/fake Priest/art stealer thing false (because it was unbelivably stupid and rewritten)... and touch back on the reason why John & Marlena were so connected when they first met. It was explained by him being Roman in the 80s, but now what? Compensate for all the crap and play on the real history, have them having been in love and thus also explaning the stupidity that was Alex North (J&M were in love, Alex hated them, wants revenge... etc...).

• Members

I agree. The only reason they should touch John's past is to fix the damage done by the Princess Gina/art crap or the damage done by the Alex North story. I would love to see them explore why J&M had that connection from day one. There is good story potential there.

I will always hope that John will become Roman again but there would be so many issues with that including the Shelle issue. I broke them up in my blog but I know Corday won't do that so there would have to be alot of changes to facilitate John being Roman again.

• Members

John's past has too many loopholes. Every writer tries to touch upon it and at the time, it's a good idea and we think it'll stick, but then the writer is out and the next writer comes in and changes everything. There isn't a doubt in my mind that Hogan is going to write John a past and I'm really thinking that John is Stefano's biological son. I can only hope and pray. :)

Archived