GL/GH: Casting RUMOR

Josh

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Guiding LIght is suddenly getting the money because they saved money. Last year it was stated in an article and Ellen Wheeler said that they had saved enough on firings, savings in the budged, and casting newbies to offer three of their recurring stars contracts.

Those stars were Beth Chamberlin, Liz Keifer, and Michael O'Leary. Only O'Leary took the offer and the other 2 stayed on recurring.

They haven't done any hiring except for the actress who plays Ava since then for contract roles and now Damon. I know they are putting out a lot on the 70th and the In The Light campaign.

GL is the only one of the shows that we have heard anything about saving money.

Considering that only Chamberlin has been used a lot of the recurring stars, I am sure some of that surplus money is still sitting there.

• Members

I agree and at the age that SD and even Julia Barr are as long as it is contract is all that matters to them - esp. if they want to work in soaps. Soaps just aren't hiring people their age and if they get a chance to work they will. Any job at a certain point is better than no job at all.

Even right now guest starring roles in primetime will not support his family, and Broadway and plays still don't pay even what most soap stars make.

So I think if they offered him a contract - even one like they offered Michael O'Leary - Damon would probably take it.

• Members

Would Tom P. really be making a lot if he had only been there for two years? I know he brought a lot to the show and was a fan favorite but would he really make that much? And considering that Steph G. was only there two years longer than Tom P., I don't think she was making that much either. Plus, the way that GL used them a lot and they got a big chunck of airtime also means that they were not being paid as much as the other vets on the show which is why they were used a lot more. This isn't primetime. I don't think you get a pay boost for being popular with the fans.

• Members

Well GL did have to lure them into staying past their original contract dates. I am not saying it's a high salary, but take into consideration both salaries, the lure to get them to stay. It's just a thought and there is money of course.

Archived