Foreign: An Article about EastEnders

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That was a fascinating article.

I love Eastenders but I admit it definitely went through a trouble couple of years as mentioned in the article.

The one thing about the article I don't quite believe is Kat Slater coming back. I hadn't heard that she's returning. From digging around it looks like she's got a quite active acting career elsewhere with plans to do other things.

ABC clearly doesn't care that they're not giving viewers what they want, or that they're losing viewers.

Fans have been complaining about the crap GH has been spewing out for several years now. It's obvious now they've destroyed all the ABC shows that this garbage is what ABC execs WANT to put on the air. They're either clueless or so stuck on this dark stupid character-destroying agenda they just do not want to put out quality material.

I refuse to watch ABC daytime until they fix the mess and hire writers who can write good interesting shows. That starts with GH as far as I'm concerned.

I really do wish someone here would run Corrie, Neighbours & Home & Away.

I have been watching the Hollyoaks spinoff "In the City" on BBC America. It's very interesting and has quite a bit of skin.

• Members

I think this is a slightly old article, from 2005 or so, because Ian McKellen joined Coronation Street awhile ago. Is it referring to a comeback Kat made then?

I think the matriarchy point is a very good one especially. It speaks to why ATWT went off track in December -- all Craig all the time -- and why GH as "Sonny's story" turned many off.

• Members

That must be an old article since Kat left over a year ago and I don't think she's comming back and she isn't needed back either.A lot of new characters have been introduced in 2006 and a lot of them are very good.The ratings are very good as well at the moment so I guess that article must be from 2005?

Archived