AMC: Tuesday

• Members

Because Frons will move hell and deeper hell (that sonuvab!tch ain't seeing heaven, since he clearly sold his soul to the corporate devil) to keep Alexa front and center.

I mean, isn't it true that Alexa/Babe has been on screen every single air date since January 2? I don't remember a Babe-Free episode at all these past six weeks.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Good show overall I guess.

Colin is a horrid, horrid actor. Breuning...well I got what I expected from him. But I guess I keep expecting Colin to prove himself and he never does. I actually think Alec Musser has real potential (nobody shoot me) and I think it's sad he doesn't really get an opportunity to prove himself meanwhile Colin is lead.

I don't think Colin is better or worse than Kinworthy, Josh #1. They're equally limited.

• Members

I disagree. I actually think Colin is good. I think he just over does alot of his anger. But I do feel for him in scenes like Greg Madden's death and such. I feel he does do some pretty good stuff. I remember when he played a rape victim on Nip/tuck one of the most powerful scenes in seasons IMO.

Alexa is an awesome actress thou. I think if they were to fire her that would be a huge mistake. Alexa is very exceptional actress to say the least IMO. Defeintly one of there better finds.

• Members

I hate to even say this but is it possible Babe really is extremely popular with the majority? I get the feeling AMC/ABC is probably being bombarded with calls from people saying they are no longer going to watch since they killed Babe.

I think the majority of viewers (especially those at the younger end, which are the most important to TPTB) follow along with TPTB's agenda quite easily. Babe= Saint, JR= devil.

I'm not saying that's wrong though...I wish I could watch the show like I used to without any consideration of behind-the-scenes agendas, character propping etc. It was much more enjoyable.

• Members

I agree. Everyone assumed the show would tank when Cameron, Josh, Eden and Becky left. Nope. AMC has a one track mind. The minute Greenlee left, Kendall became the Queen [!@#$%^&*]. The minute Bianca left, Lily became the town's tormented ingenue. I'm sure the minute Alexa left, Chrishelle's Amanda would all of a sudden get screentime.

It's a mistake of Alexa & Babe fans to even think that it would be a huge mistake if they got rid of her. What y'all don't see is the fact that McTavish, in her painfully limited ability, has written doubles and triples of the same caricatures.

• Members

I agree with this also but I like it because I like both CS and Amanda except in no way do I want her with serail killer Lavery. I think they just continue to string CS along with no real storyline because if Alexa leaves they want her to be the young centerpiece but once again I like that idea. I think she's a good actress, very attractive and has chemistry with most of her co-stars and I would watch Amanda scenes whereas I fastforward anything Babe is in.

The problem is as soon as McTavish actually starts writing for her I'll probably hate her. See Babe, Ryan, JR and Josh for proof.

• Members

The show was probably the best of the year next to Dixie's death.

I don't buy though that the whole town would be waiting for news on Babe's death. I guess though on one hand alot of the people there have a vested interest in this satin slayer outcome, so I guess that explains some of it. Bobbie Eakes stole the show. I mean WOW. Like I've been saying, I expected over the top... but I didn't get that. But yes, we get an entire hour of hysterics over Babe's death, and we got like two scenes for Dixie? The agendas of TPTB are so damn clear.

I sometimes think the silent majority does like Babe. My mom stays sway from the online stuff, message boards, spoilers and stuff and she loves Babe and she totally was bawling today. And as far as she knows, Babe is dead. Because she doesn't like it when I spoil it for her. So maybe there are alot more people like her out there. I used to like Babe, for what she was, but she has became such the fixture of this show and the way longer term characters are being sacrificed and compromised for her... it just bothers me and therefore can no longer support the character.

If Alexa decides to leave later this year, they would be smart to erase Babe from everything, start fresh. Maybe we'd get two Babe death's in one year :lol:

Archived