ATWT: The 100 Things We Love About It

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

42. Having so many characters who have been around forever. Many of them aren't the same people they used to be, but they still have the same connections, family, and in some cases, mannerisms. I'm talking Paul, Craig, Dusty, Emily, etc. Annoying sons (and daughter) of [!@#$%^&*]es, but their OUR annoying sons (and daughter) of [!@#$%^&*]es. And in Emily's case, she really IS the daughter of a [!@#$%^&*]!

43. I absolutely heart it when we get sponsor tags...it takes me back to the 90s. "AS THE WORLD TURNS is sponsored by...Spray and Wash!" or "Tomorrow on AS THE WORLD TURNS, sponosored by Simon and Schuster..."

44. Lucinda, Tom, and Margo are MAJOR parts of MAJOR storylines. Just a month ago, that was barely true.

45. All of the teens are connected to long-standing characters. Casey is a Hughes; Will is Barbara's son; Gwen is Carly's sister; Adam is Margo and Hal's son; Luke is Lily's son; Jade is Lily's niece.

46. The guys aren't constantly strutting around half-naked for no reason. When we do get to see Casey or Will or Adam or Dusty or someone shirtless (or better yet, toweled), it is an EVENT and is something not to miss!

• Members

48. Colleen Zenk Pinter, one hell of an actress. The day Doug Marland unleashed her inner [!@#$%^&*] was a great day in soap history.

49. James Stenbeck. Arguably the BEST villian ever. (Minus Hogan's tinkering.)

50. Oh, by the way....Hogan's gone too.

51. The odds are against Austin Peck surviving six months. There's something about those beady eyes that grosses me out.

• Members

53. They wasted no time in dropping Mike's picture from the opening. Yes, it's selfish...but hey...LOL.

54. JP is arguably a sick, twisted, motherf---er, who enjoys screwing over the fans by destroying the characters. But at least she spreads it around. Just when I thought Carly couldn't be redeemed, JP went out of her way to make Emily enjoy being a hooker.

55. Goutman pushes the envelope. They don't always work, but he's always trying something.

56. They finally got rid of those idiotic half-time previews. 'Tho I think that's probably some money thing.

*lol* I like the sing-songy PGP logo flash too.

Archived