Days: Tuesday Feb. 06

• Members

Thanks Kev for pointing that out.

Benji just popping up is nice because it surprises you. I like how they are using him and that he is still deaf and all. I think him being recurring is better in a way. The actor does well given what he must play and how he has to play it. I didn't think it would work out because I wanted him to be a bigger character but Days was smart with how they handled him thinking about it now.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You know, I just have to say another word about SN acting today. I know so much of his work the last few weeks has been screaming and ranting and over the top batshit crazy (which some love and some hate), and it's easy to forget just how well SN does the subtle stuff. Today we got to see him playing very tightly controlled emotions. Anger and hurt with Benji; anger, fear, and love with Kayla, all played very tightly and quietly over his face.

Brilliant performance.

• Members

I think you don´t have to be a genius to see that something major happened behind the screen. I don´t know if that rumour about budget troubles is right or not, but for some reason Sheffer had to put on hold almost all his stories. And the remaining were slowed and drawn out to fill the time. Lexie´s exit were written in at the last moment. Bonnie/Connor and the skeleton story was cut in the middle. J/M are backburnered and going in circles. Sheffer even didn´t do usualy sweeps preview and we know how he loves to talk about his plans. We are obviously back in the transition period and it shows.

I think it will now take another month or so till Sheffer readjusts to the new situation and the show will be great again. Of course, if there really aren´t enough money to pay the vets anymore, he will have to create stories for characters Corday can affort.

• Members

I completely agree. I don't know where I heard it (always a reliable statement), but there are serious budget issues. I don't know why they suddenly appeared, but it is the reason for so may seemingly sudden firings and backburnings. I am enjoying to show, for the most part. It just sucks this transitioning had to happen during sweeps. I am open to enjoying stories with any of the characters—they just need to be written well.

• Members

There are definitely serious budget issues. SN confirmed it at a fan event last weekend. I can't give any further details because it was posted on a private board, but I think it's safe to say that the budget issues are real and affecting a lot of things on Days right now.

• Members

Yeah I agree. The show is good right now but not great. Something is up behind the scenes. It sucks because last month and the first two weeks of January had so much cohesion and it was on a high. Now it's good but it's lacking what made it great. Alot of the momentum is gone. They can get it back and I hope they do for the show's sake. I know I like alot of what I see but there are others that don't.

• Members

DAYS has really been an utter snoozefest the last two weeks. I don't think I finished an episode since mid January.

This episode was very good. I actually watched the whole thing. :lol: DAYS has been very static lately. It better find a medium soon.

• Members

BENJY! My main man, right there. One of the best actors in the cast. If not for the budget, I'd be screaming contract. His scenes with Steve and EJ were the best things on DAYS in weeks. I'm proud that Sheffer seems to be goign the yang-yang approach with these brothers. Very appropriate. Gimme more!

Willow/Philip is really, really interesting. Now Philip and Shawn have 'mystery' kids out there. :lol: I think, especially if Mimi is not recast, that Willow and Philip could make an awesome villain powerplay couple. Annie doesn't blow my mind, nor does Willow, but they're fun together, these two.

Oh, and Kate's theory? While she's right, it's full of holes. You can't recreate the adrenaline that made you save someone's life. It's one of life's mysteries. What Sami claims actually does happen to people. And she's pregnant, so do you really expect her to be able to lift even something half the size? Please. As someone said, IRL, Roman would have laughed her out of the precinct!

• Members

Lying isn't illegal, but if she's lying, there's a reason to lie, and Roman hates to admit it, but Kate is right and she has a case. You guys are arguing like Sami isn't hiding anything. She is. And she's being mind-numbingly obvious about it, as she usually is.

Archived