Days: Tuesday Feb. 06

• Members

Okay, I've been out of town for several days and watched three taped episodes and then today's show so I may have my episodes all mixed up, but I have to agree with the people who are not completely loving DAYS right now. Way too much Belle/Shawn/Philip/Nick/Chelsea. I hate to be too critical because I really love DAYS and want so badly for it to do well, BUT I'm getting a little concerned about the way all these younger (and newer) characters are dominating. I know we got some Sami/Kate, but the story is so ridiculous (that whole documentary thing was so stupid) that I can barely watch it. And I am not a fan of Lucas so that doesn't pull me in. Philip IMO has gone completely psycho and all justification for him taking Claire is gone. He's just out for revenge. I did like Steve and Kayla and EJ and Benji were great, but everything else in the past four episodes were very boring to me. I still have a lot of faith in HS and there has been a lot of improvement in the writing for DAYS, but I'm not sure the writing team's strategy is working right now. DAYS is a soap that, like it or not, must keep its vets and supercouples front burner. And Maggie having a couple lines in a few episodes and Philip having one conversation with Victor isn't enough. John and Marlena's story is going nowhere and Bo and Hope have no storyline except for being minimally involved in Shawn/Claire/Belle. And, yes, I realize that they were front burner for most of 2006 and taking a break from them isn't a big deal, BUT THIS IS DOOL and the fans want their vets. I'll stick it out through the stories that don't interest me because I have so many years invested in this show, but not everyone feels that way. And that worries me a little because the ratings really need to start moving up. I don't envy HS his job because he must strike a delicate balance by giving the loyal fanbases their favorites but also getting us invested in the new characters.

It looks like the Steve/Kayla storyline is beginning to move and I'm happy about that. I loved Benjy today, and the actor does an amazing job showing his emotions without saying a word. EJ's threats towards him were very chilling, and I'm anxious to see how this plays out. The previews for tomorrow looked good so I'm hopeful about the rest of the week.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I thought today's show was fairly good. My attention wandered before it was over, mostly the Kate/Sami stuff. I hate how Kate is working on exposing Sami's lie and hate how Sami is not dealing with her conflict about the lie. It's just her back to her evil Sami hiding the truth without dealing with the emotions involved. Hated that.

Today I really could enjoy JKJ as Philip. He was more in control and I could see his handsome, normal face. Willow was made up to look especially pretty and they do look mighty fine together. I'm thinking Willow is going to turn into a very maternal woman (yesterday's lesson in thievery aside). I think this new story of Philip protecting and claiming possession of Shawn's baby may be very interesting.

I hear a lot of complaints about "the SHELLE" show and the dissatisfaction for Days now. If this story is to make new SHELLE fans, I think the opposite is happening. No one is especially turning on to them and even the original fans have been strangely silent, it seems as I don't hear them raving about their couple. Is this a foretelling of something? I don't hate them anymore, but find them strangely uninteresting. Probably because of their brainless storyline.

EJ was especially delicious today. He was loving being the "injured one" showing off his black eye and hurt wrist, knowing he is well on top of his game. I enjoyed him tremendously and that is because he wasn't lusting after Sami which is completely contrived in my eyes.

Sweet Benji. I hope he gets freedom from the DiMera family so he can live his private life.

Jinxed Soul, thanks for commenting on my new banner. I may have jumped the gun with it, but I hope they are the couple in the end.

• Members

IA with what you said... pretty much how I've been feeling though Monday and todays were definitely a bit better since there were other characters, though this whole Lumi/Kate thing is JUST filler! The show did improve from last week which was really regressive.

Martha Madison acted her but off yesterday though! I loved it.

And I don't think Shelle are damned if you do, damned if you don't. Overexposure will kill ANY couple if there is no character progression and story progression. The show jumped the gun here. They had a workable pair finally, two actors who can act and this huge fanbase. Instead of saving their overexposure for a "big" movement, they decided to keep them on the air with nothing much going on. There were a few dramatic moments but otherwise Shelle was on with nothing much going on. The time for this kind of exposure is when there is some form of dramatic climax/twist. I'm sick of seeing Shelle already, and it's sad because I really like them with Beemer and Madison. Overexposure is not good, not matter how popular a couple is. Again.. it is drama that people are looking for. Not always, but if you're going to have people on for 7 episodes straight, there should be more than this.

But at least this week is better than lasts...

• Members

WOW! Kate operates pretty quick. Just yesterday she was there watching the reenactment being filmed, and today she's already at the police station with a DVD in hand. It kinda sucks how Sami found out the scam. It took the amusement out her going to the police station, getting questioned, and putting the pieces of the puzzle together. It shouldn't be long before Sami plots revenge, now.

As much as I hate Willow, she's good! Not the actress herself, but the character is good, still annoying, but good! I liked how she got exactly what she wanted. Now that Phillip has let her in, she ain't going anywhere. She's surely going to be a useful tool to Phillip in the long-run, but he should know by now that she's out to fulfill her personal interests more than anything else.

It was nice to see Benjy again!

And, the highlight was EJ. I can't remember the exact line, but he said something along the lines of how he's tired of watching everyone walk all over him, and he's not going to let anyone get away with it anymore. Ironic, lol!

• Members

Um, how is this story NOT big?

I keep DYING, wondering whether Philip will catch them. I am for the most part spoiler free and am on the EDGE OF MY SEAT WITH THIS STORY! It's incredible!

and "Days" is too.

And Philip and willow are hot sex WAITING to happen.

And Lumi stuff is filler but who cares? It's an exciting scheme.

The show is fine, and the writing's great.

The '80s are gone!

• Members

Two lines today that gave me chills:

"And I think, my little Benjimonkey, that it all started with you."

"Our Benji did this. He betrayed us."

I think Steve's scene with Benji and the scene where he agreed to commit himself were soap at its finest.

Archived