OLTL: New Showfax script up for 'Doug'

• Members

From: http://www.showfax.com/type_selection.cfm?...NE+LIFE+TO+LIVE

I know there had been some debate about this role lately as to whether or not it was being cast, but it looks like it is. It was added today at Showfax.com . Not sure if it's contract or recurring, but I believe the script is $4.00 to buy, so my personal guess is that it's contract.

Here is what the voy board says about it:

Link: http://www.voy.com/192617/92085.html

^^^I have not read the script. Anyone know if that above description is accurate, or if that poster was just making up the description? Anyone read the actual script yet?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've read the script and the description is accurate. Dr. Kline is a cardiologist. They are all leaving a board meeting at the hospital. They stop to chat a bit. Dr. Kline

knows who Viki is and that she publishes the Banner and he's also read about Todd and knows he publishes the Sun. He turns to leave then quickly turns back to ask Viki out to dinner to talk about hospital business. He's staying at the Palace so they agree to meet there.

• Members

Is this a contract role? When does he start? I wanted the show to give Viki and Clint a chance, they are just getting started, I hate how OL jerks fans around. I really wanted to see Viki and Clint as a couple.

But is this contract and when does he start to air?

• Members

If that is what it is, great, because I don't want someone new for Viki when she already has Clint. But when is this guy airring and is he contract or what is the scoop? Why does Viki react to his touch, that is pretty telling to me. I was hoping to get some real Viki and Clint going on this show, it is about damn time. Same for Bo and Nora.

• Members

I'm not sure when 'Doug' will be airing because all indications are that the role has yet to be cast. Also, I'm not sure if it is a recurring role, contract role, or even just a dayplayer role. And I believe these scripts are releashed at least a few months before the role will actually appear on screen.

But at least this guy is supposed to be in his 50s as compared to a lot of the other newbies we have seen recently.

• Members

Just speculation on my part, but I have a feeling you may be right. I personally see it as only a temporary obstacle for a Clint and Viki reuninion, and will only provoke Clint to to quit dragging his feet and hook up with Viki. I could be totally off base with that, but that's just my personal opinion.

• Members

If, and that is a big if with Higley writing, if this is a temp thorn in Viki/Clint, great, but if this is to air in May, then all roads lead to Clint choosing Dorian in this shocking choice for May sweeps, which won't be something I want to see at all. I really want to see Viki and Clint together as a real couple, in a real relationship, in a real romance, not part of a tri or a quad. Also, they dragged for years to give Viki a love interest and Erika a leading man, they kept saying they had a story all set but had to await casting as they needed a strong actor for Erika. Well, they cast Jerry, an Emmy winner himself, only to not even give Erika or Viki her leading man, instead taking him away from her. I don't like how OL jerks fans around, it makes me not want to invest in the show. Just like how every date or situation for Viki and Clint has to have Dorian stuck in the middle, yet she gets plenty of time alone with Clint on her own, but Viki can't. I don't like OL doing that, and certainly don't like that Viki loses out once more for a possible recurring role, that is not a leading man for Erika IMO, that is just the show jerking Erika and fans around again.

Archived