B&B: Eileen Davidson signs contract...

• Members

Well I totally wouldn't be surprised if Hogan wasn't interested. I know DAYS fans say the ATWT is the past, but history repeats itself and he was there for five years. On ATWT, they almost never brought back old characters with the original actor, even when the actor is available. When the characters did return they were COMPLETELY different.

Look at the pimping of Willow and aren't they bringing on a sibling for her? I expect more new characters, not legacy characters like Kristen or Stefano. And after the number he did on Barbara and James, I'm not sure I wanna see what he'll do to Kristen or Stefano.

Another thing, just because he says he loves a character, it really means nothing. His "favorite" characters on ATWT like Tom and Margo NEVER got storylines. He couldn't write for Lisa because she doesn't have a family, yet she has a son, ex-husband and several grand kids on the canvas.

Hogan is a great speaker who knows how to say what you want to hear. I doubt some of those firings (like Lexie) were because of the budget or a master plan to get Eileen back like we suspected. I think Hogan has brought DAYS back on level playing field with the other soaps, but he isn't taking any risks or impressing me so far.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

QUOTE(Chris B @ Feb 1 2007, 12:58 AM) I think Hogan has brought DAYS back on level playing field with the other soaps, but he isn't taking any risks or impressing me so far.

I can't really bash Hogan, because I've loved what he's done with Days so far. It's true... he hasn't taken any HUGE risks. But he took this show that I once considered unsalvageable and made it the most personal, familial, integrated, veteran-rich soap on the air. In today's soap world, that means ALOT.

I might be disappointed with the Eileen Davidson development, but I can't ignore what I've loved thus far. It simply is what it is.

You keep bringing up ATWT and how he ignored characters, etc. but I haven't seen that on Days. We're seeing everyone -- even Maggie. And despite the fact that they don't all have storylines, we're seeing them regularly and they're more like themselves than they've been in the past decade. That speaks volumes to me, personally.

• Members

I've been standoffish for awhile regarding this!! I love the fact that Eileen is coming to B&B, in away it's like she's sort of "home." And no one bash me for this but she is in the Bell house so to speak and she is home.

I hope Bradley Bell does her justice and does not screw this up!!!

• Members

I agree Kenny.

There have been similarities to his writing of ATWT but they have been minimal. Some keep saying wait a few months and the vets will be backburnered. Well, it's been about 5 and we are seeing them quite frequently. On top of that, it's very hard to backburner vets on Days when most of the cast is vets :lol:

He hasn't taking risks but alot of what he has done is set up the next generation, rebuild characters and develop them. redeem characters, bring the show back to its roots, and build for future stories. The big events are coming. You can feel it building to that. Just look at December and how eventful it was. I like his pacing and I like the way everything has a purpose and meaning. He has made the show character-driven, consistent drama and that is all anyone couldve asked for IMO.

• Members

Smooth sailing....hey there's a vet.....the actors seem rejuvenated....and then WHAM they strike, and in a couple of months you'd be campaigning for their firing. The little things will soon become bigger things, until it leaves one huge gap in the show. I guess time shall tell.

[sidenote: I learned this first hand through "The Evil One," aka LML]

• Members
I think every writer starts off strong. JER had the Salem Stalker, Dena Higley had Daniel's gay reveal, David Kriezman had his lies about loving Holly and Roger, Jean Passanante was hailed as better than Hogan and Megan McTavish almost won an Emmy for the baby swith. Now, all of these writers are hated by pretty much all, lol.

Hogan had a great couple years at ATWT, then he started slipping. I do think he's a solid writer though, just not worthy of all the praise he regularly gets. All of the soaps need a writing revamp. It's not all terrible, but could be so much better.

Brad Bell doesn't even know how to write for the B&B canvas! Just because he's Bill Bell's son means nothing IMO. I think he's one of the worst headwriters in history.

• Members

QUOTE(Chris B @ Feb 1 2007, 01:48 AM) I think every writer starts off strong. JER had the Salem Stalker, Dena Higley had Daniel's gay reveal, David Kriezman had his lies about loving Holly and Roger, Jean Passanante was hailed as better than Hogan and Megan McTavish almost won an Emmy for the baby swith. Now, all of these writers are hated by pretty much all, lol.

Hogan had a great couple years at ATWT, then he started slipping. I do think he's a solid writer though, just not worthy of all the praise he regularly gets. All of the soaps need a writing revamp. It's not all terrible, but could be so much better.

That's fair.

I'm just not going to sit around and hate on him because he might turn to crap down the road.

I'm enjoying what I'm seeing this far, and that's all I can base my opinion upon.

• Members

I hope it wasn't because of my comment. IA that DAYS fans should be eating up Hogan's prime ribs, after months of JERk's liver and onions. It's just after experiencing LML, I am very hesitant these days.

[sidenote: Okay, so maybe that wasn't the best analogy.]

• Members

WOW! What a lot of sour grapes from some DAYS fans. It's hilarious all these people, who for months were confidently predicting Eileen was returning to DAYS, now have egg on their faces. :lol::lol:

She's made a smart decision. B&B will still be around in 2 years: you can't say the same for DAYS. :rolleyes:

I'll enjoy seeing Ashley Abbott interacting with the Forresters. Ashley/Thorne, Ashley/Nick or Ashley/Storm would all be viable couples.

• Members

That's kind of b!+t(hy, don't ya think? You see the DAYS fans are hurting about Eileen Davidson going to B&B and all you can do is just rub salt in the wound. Shame on you!

Can't say the same about Ashley either. I love Eileen and I love B&B, but let's see if she makes it past the three month mark before we uncork our champagne. Mmkay?

Ashley/Thorne or Ashley/Ridge sound pretty good. William DeVry is too short next to sexy Eileen and Jack Wagner should have been gone like, YESTERDAY!

• Members

^

I kinda agree there Evan, all these people who hope Eileen flops on B&B just come off as pathetic. As ED fans, we all should be happy she's found work and will continue to be on television. It's not Brad Bell's fault Corday didn't care or if Eileen didn't want to return to Days. I sympathize with Days fans, but it's not fair to hope for an unsuccessful stint on B&B for ED at the same time.

The way I see it, Ashley already has an established history and a rather large back-story. Brad won't have to go too much out of the way to "create" her, because it's already been done. Look at Lauren and Sheila, both Y&R characters had rather lengthy runs on B&B, who is to say the same won't be done for Ashley? I can totally see Eileen lasting on B&B for at least 5 years, like Tracey E. Bregman. Also, from what I hear, Ashley was one of Bill Bell's favorite creations, I'm sure Brad will do his best to respect a character his father adored.

Anyway, do you guys remember that 2002 switch between B&B and Days? When Lauren Koslow reprised her B&B role for a few episodes, I believe to continue a story on B&B? The deal was to have Brad Bell return the favor and have Joe crossover to B&B to complete a story regarding Stefano. However, Joe never did complete his end of the deal. Maybe if Corday begs, Brad Bell will relent and allow Eileen to complete a few episodes to wrap up a story regarding Susan/Kristen. Anything is possible and I do hear Brad Bell and Ken Corday are close friends . . .

Archived