AMC: David Canary May Be Next???

• Members

I just heard it this morning, and I think this is just as shocking as Julia Barr, but on Canada's Soaps Up, the segment that airs between the midbreak of the show, it is rumored that David Canary, who plays Adam/Stuart Chandler on AMC may be leaving the show later this year.

Also, another vet may be out as well later this spring, one being Walt Willey, the other Thorsten Kaye, according to RavenBeauty, as TK's contract is up in April.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Walt's contract is done in July 2008 but ABC has the option this year of not picking it up for the final year (like they did with James Kiberd), or of making significant changes to it.

Also they can still let him go every cycle, but for some reason they prefer to do it on yearly marks.

Amanda, the host of Soaps Up, doesn't have any inside information. In fact I think she mostly takes news from this site (wise choice). However I think its clear to everyone they've slowly been phasing out Canary since Frons took over in 2003.

• Members

:o:angry:

I suppose I really shouldn't be surprised by this. What role does Adam have on the show now? It's all about bowing down to Krystal. He used to be a force that could be reckoned with but his character is a joke now. AMC could be losing another core character that is identified as a major part of AMC and it's history. Morons. And who could blame Thorsten Kaye if he wanted to leave the show? I can't stand Zach but TK is a talented actor who hasn't been utilizied correctly. In fact, none of the actors are being used to their full potiential. Damn McTavish. Damn Frons. Damn Carruthers.

Me thinks that ABC is preparing AMC to be canceled or to move the show to Soapnet. If they move it over to Soapnet, they will have to get rid of just about every vet on the show.

If Frons had a brain, which we all know he doesn't, he would copy what Days is doing right now. They had to make significant budget cuts but they managed to keep many core vets and couples in tact. The show is strong right now because of the mix of newer characters and the vets that everyone loves. Better writing helps too. But Days kept the very core characters like Marlena, Bo, Hope, etc. and they have kept their identity. AMC won't be AMC without David Canary.

:angry:

Archived