GL: Jammy Death Promo

• Members

It came on today during ATWT.

Had mostly scenes of Jonathan crying his heart out beside a noticeably deceased Tammy while Cassie/Reva tearfully watched on.

"Goodbye My Lover" by James Blunt was playing and the text said something about letting go of the one you love, etc.

Made me tear up a bit :(

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I can't believe we are losing two great heroines of daytime so soon. First we say goodbye to Tammy who I feel has so much promise. I am truly going to miss her so much. Pelphrey and Gatschet were so good together. I found parts of their relationship unbelievable but right now they are one of the best acting duos in daytime. They always bring out the best in each other in performances. As Matt and I both agreed a few months back they are very much like George Reinholt & Jacqueline Courtney were on Another World.

Then we will say goodbye to Dixie. I still can't get over that one either.

• Members

If I were Cassie I'd be just about as pissed at Jon as Alan and Lizzie. He's pretty much brought Tammy misery and heartache from day one. Of course, it was Tammy's choice to stick with him, but as a mother I wouldn't be hearing that any time soon. I'm going to be mad if Cassie isn't feeling a whole lot of resentment towards Jon and Reva. It's not completely rational, but I think that's the reaction a mother would have. If I were in her place I think it would be months before I could forgive either of them.

Alan is a whole other thing. He's basically a caricature at this point. I don't see how they can redeem him. I wonder if they'll even try. As for Lizzie I really liked her for awhile, but I'm not sure I can root for her going forward. I guess we'll see what her story is.

I'm glad for a break from Tammy, but if GL is around for another 5 years, I think we'll see SG again, in one form or another.

• Members

About Alan, after everything, do you honestly think he's really going to be punished and/or redeemed? He shot his own son and made Harley's life hell for a year, and he still has yet to even pay for that. DK will just let Alan get away with anything.

• Members

Alan Spaulding has just been transformed into the new mode of villian that occupies every soap on the air today.

He used to be a complex villian but now he is a caricature just like EJ Wells & Stefano on Days, Sheila on Y&R, Spencer on OLTL, and the list goes on and on.

I wish for once a soap could give us back a villian or villianess like Iris on Another World, Roger Thorpe or the old Alan on GL, the old Adam Chandler on AMC (even he has gotten somewhat over the top), the beginning of Stefano on Days, etc.

Now they come on are super villians do whatever they want never pay for it - either get killed or escape out of town. And then the writers write some kind of story like they are doing now with having Lexie go on the run so that the villian can stay around or they create some kind of loophole by having the only witness get killed or worse yet they do a redemption story like AMC tried to do with Jonathan Lavery.

It is sickening. Iris Wheeler was a complex villianess and even had to pay for her crimes at times. I don't remember her ever killing anyone though. She committed blackmail and everything else and many times she had to pay for her crimes by being brought down. That is what soaps used to be about. The way villians are written now though is just another reason that soaps can't be taken seriously.

And sadly DruRocks is right Alan is no more than Sheila or Stefano or fill in the blank with any.

• Members

Yeah, I'm surprised that Cassie isn't pissed at Jonathan but I think she realizes by now how much he loves Tammy. She was at their wedding! I don't think she has any reason to believe at this point that what happened was Jonathan's fault.

Although I'd love to see Tammy secretly alive (God knows how they'll get around this one), I think it'd be better to stick with what they wrote and keep her dead. If anything, to make the emotional impact of it all credible. If SG ever comes back, I'd love to see her play an evil lookalike or twin. I'm sure she'd be able to pull it off.

Archived