What kind of work do you do?

DevotedToAMC

• Members

While in college worked three years with the Federal government dealiing with the Medicare contract in our state...was the youngest to advance to a position where I talked to healthcare providers regarding why their claims would not process...stepped down from that position when my grandmother became ill (used my Medicare knowledge to get best home care for her, while I stayed home to care for her)...Now, completed college, and am a care provider for my grandmother, while working part-time at Bath and Body Works....

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This is really interesting. I work at a major financial institution as a customer service representative in the 401k department. Basically most companies outsource their handling of 401ks, pensions, health and insurance and payroll to companies like mine. I answer phone calls for people with concerns about their 401ks. If people want to take loans against their 401k or withdraw money or roll it to another place, I process it. If they want to change their contributions, I process it. They want to scream at me for something, I listen and calm them down. I recently got promoted and I will become a coach for new hires and help answer questions. I will listen to their calls and teach them how to service the customers more effieciently. I also report to the big boss who is doing well and who is struggling and needs extra coaching. If you ever have have to call one of the big companies about your 401k, you may be talking to me. I have to start licensing soon to take my series 6 and 63. I will be making between 16.50 and 17.50 and when I get my licenses, that will increase as well. I now qualify for bonuses up into the thousands of dollars every quarter if I make my goals

• Members

Sort of like a course on Medical terminology?

When I took my job with Medicare while in school, I had to have medical terminology, as well as taking a course in understanding the Medicare health claims (Hospital, Home Health, Hospice, Skilled Nursing).....I am thinking about re-applying for a position with them again.. Although it was hard juggling that and school, I did enjoy it.

Archived