Y&R: Pheila Spoiler

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wow! :blink::blink: I honestly do not know what all the hoopla is. I havent seen Kimberlin Brown portray Sheila and quite honestly what I have seen of her on other shows, I wasnt that impressed. I think to attack actresses who are just doing thier job and because they didnt call the original portrayer is a bit over the top. I realize everyone has thier favorites and of course it goes without saying that everyone is entitled to thier opinions but its in all reality just a show. Regardless of anything personally I am enjoying the majority of Y&R and this storyline, its not too bad considering some of the horrible stuff some of the other soaps are showing these days. I also believe that no matter how much of an outcry is raised or how many people stomp thier feet and threaten to stop watching or bombard thier favorite show with mail, phone calls etc its not going to make a damn bit of difference, it is what it is and I am a firm believer in if you dont like whats on your screen, change it and find something else to watch, lord knows theres enough programming out there these days.

• Members

I'm willing to DIE FOR THE CAUSE. By that i mean im willing to be banned from the place ive posted on for 7 years. I'd rather not be, but if at least i prove my worth right?

Saying that, i will stop going on the offensive now. I think I've made my point, you won't be getting anymore trouble from me.

• Members

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Chris B @ Jan 11 2007, 10:58 PM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->DruRocks, you don't have to explain your comment. It was your opinion and not offensive at all. People have a right to like and not like whatever characters they want. You didn't say anything negative about another poster, so don't feel bad!

Of course she has to explain her comment. I demand to know exactly what she thinks is 'the truth'. How can you say it was not offensive at all, when it is clearly offensive to Team Kimberlin? How can you speak for us?

• Members

For those of you who are too young to actually remember Kimberlin Brown's outstanding performances as Sheila from 1990-92 (on Y&R) and from 1992-98 (on B&B)...let's just say if you had seen all her work from those days, you would understand why Team Kimberlin knows she is da sh!t. If you only know her from her returns (to B&B in 2002 and 2003 and Y&R in 2005) I can accept that you don't think she's all that because the material she was given to work with during said returns was mediocre at best. The 90's were the golden age of the Sheila character and Kimberlin Brown, the gold standard in acting.

• Members

I like Kimberlin and don't understand why they needed this stupid Pheila storyline but its being done and the writers are going to do whatever the hell they want so we have to accept it. I have seen many storylines I hated on GH so I gave up the show permanently. If Y&R is so terrible, just give it up.

• Members

Kimberlin Brown is Sheila to me too, but the character has been butchered since her 90's tenure on B&B. It is kind of a travesty really.

I will wait and see how this plays out, but so far, for me, this one has been pretty stupid. I would rather have seen mean Phylis back in some capacity.

Sheila was at her peak when used as a foil for Lauren. Both Y&R and B&B had peaks with that storyline.

So it is kind of true to say that without Lauren/Scott Sheila would not be around, no matter how good the actress was. That Bill Bell story was gold. I would also add though that Lauren peaked with that one too, so without Sheila, Lauren might have faded the way other popular characters from her era have as well. Leanna Love. Tracey Abbot. Nina. Cricket. All popular during the same time, none still there.

• Members

Let me first say that I think that both Michelle Stafford and Kimberlin Brown are phenomenal actresses. :)

That being said, I am already so sick of this storyline and want it to be over. The Sheila character has run her course and needs to be laid to rest once and for all.

Archived