PSNS: Friday January 5

• Members

Is it just me who thinks this or what. I think Sheridan is actually somehow involved in Fancy's rape. I've noticed the way she looks at Fancy when she (Fancy) is talking and she had the look "GUILTY" stamped across her face. Damn that Sheridan. She's such a bitch!

Wow, could MCW be any more dead in those scenes? My god dude, show some damn enthusiasm when you're working.

Miguel looked like a pretty woman.

Ethan is a whore. Theresa and Gwen deserve so much better.

I still think Chad is gay....but whatever.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have to agree that I think it's obvious -- obvious -- that Sheridan is involved with Fancy's rape. And sorry but did you SEE Friday's show?!!! Sheridan TOTALLY stole the button, the one piece of evidence that Fancy needed to proved she was attacked in her bedroom. The show didn't reveal it (for whatever reason) but the suspicious camera cuts they did to her while Fancy was searching for the button gave it away.

I like how the show was subtle with that and didn't show Sheridan with the button. VERY nice touch, guys!

• Members

I agree with you totally JSF. That woman TOTALLY stole that button. She is so guilty. It was weird seeing Spike there. I wonder if he did it.

Also....who was that guy sitting next to Luis' mother and sister. I think it was the sister's boyfriend or something? I dunno. He looks familiar.

• Members

Phoenix, I definitely agree that JER can pull anything out of his arse to explain Sheridan's behavior. Beth, chalice, mental disorder...anything. My point is that at least for now, he's writing Sheridan as being despicable and the character has only been 'bad' for less than 2 months.

I just want to add that he must know that Sheridan's action on Friday's CAN episode crossed a serious line. It has been the talk of many boards over the weekend.

At this point, only mind control and Beth/imposter can redeem the character IF he wants her redeemed. Multiple Personality Disorder or a mental breakdown won't be accepted by most viewers.

• Members

Wow, I would definitely need a screencap to tell you about this mystery man sitting by Pilar. I haven't heard of anything like it!

As for Sheridan, that's why I'm so in love with this story. I don't know if it's been done on daytime before, but I haven't seen anything like it: an aunt assisting with the rape and undoing of her own niece. In real life, yes, it's despicable, but for a soap, to me, it is VERY intriguing and HIGHLY entertaining, just because of how much it crosses the line.

Give me more! More!

• Members

How was the show subtle?

It's been so obvious that Sheridan is involved. Remember how calm she was after Fancy got raped? She told Eve she was sure Luis and Fancy wouldn't last. Before that, she was having a hard time holding it together but she was oddly calm.

Sheridan was also trying to keep Luis downstairs during Fancy's attack this week. It's obvious.

Passions doesn't know the meaning of the word subtle.

As for the Crane curse, JSF that is all true but it was never a big deal. Luis's "damn Cranes" line means nothing. He hated the Cranes but this curse that has all of a sudden become focal point was not of major importance. Yes, Tabitha curses them to suffer but that was it. It was not said that they would all become bad. It just seems like something JER pulled out of his ass to make things seem fresher and so he could do what he wants plot-wise and shock people and get away with it. He is just going to see how far he can take it and then come up with an out (with Sheridan it's Beth or split personalities) to save the character if he feels he has to. Just like he re-wrote Theresa "raping" Ethan (keep in mind I am a Theresa fan and I can acknowledge this) because he did not like so much support for Gwen. Then, he had Gwen witness Theresa's rape and do nothing to stop it to make it worse. JER needed to make sure Theresa was the rooting character and he was worried fans were being swayed to Gwen more and more. I never did but I know many that thought Theresa was going over the edge. JER should've have had to do that and wouldn't have had to if he actually wrote for story and quality and not for plot and shock value.

He will do the same thing with Fox., Sheridan, etc. He will find some way to get them out of what they are doing or will ruin someone else to make them look better if he has to. It's his way. Whatever the case, I don't want to debate this. To me, I don't think even JER knows what is going to happen (this is if he cares). I think it depends on how fans react and that will determine whether he feels a character needs saving or can remain on the path they are taking.

• Members

I don't think Spike is the rapist. The show is trying really really really hard to point the finger at Spike, which makes me think he's not the rapist. They did the same thing with pointing the finger at Chris when Phyllis was murdered and also Valerie dating Chad. I was right about the suspects being too obvious.

The show has had no problem showing us all of Spike's misdeeds so why would suddenly the identity of the rapist be hidden?

Spike refused to talk to Fancy in the cave during her attempted rape because he did not want her to recognize his voice. Fancy's rapist, on the other hand, constantly speaks to her.

Plus, I still think Spike will be revealed as being Eve and Julian's child. Almost incest is one thing but not this.

I think the rapist is a goon hired by Sheridan. He pretended to be The Peeping Tom.

• Members

Yes and I agree but I know we are going in the direction of him getting her out of it. It's JER afterall. The big shock would be for it to beth with a mask on or Sheridan with split personalities walking around going psycho.

He will need to do something because this is total and utter character destruction.

• Members

Sorry, Phoenix, but for "Passions" it was subtle.

WHY?

Well, for starters, Sheridan hasn't repeatedly (or ever) talked to herself and said things like, "Oh, Fancy, I'm going to ruin your relationship with Luis and bring you to your knees. But how should I do it? Oh, yes...I'll make you less desirable by having Spike rape you...and then we'll see if you are so gung-ho about having sex with Luis. Oh, Fancy...I'm sorry I have to do this but Luis belongs with me, not you."

You KNOW that's "Passions"' usual idea of subtlety, Phoe, so yes, I say that the show has handled this with superb perfection.

Once again, THANK You, "Passions," NBC and Outpost Farm Productions!

• Members

That's not lame or cheap!! Has the world gone mad?

Who cares? The Peeping Tom wasn't a character with rooting value, people, lol. I think it's a big "duh" that the rapist and the Peeping Tom are two different people. After all, one just peeps, one commits a violent act on a human being. It's obvious Sheridan hired the goon. There's nothing wrong with that, plot-wise. Sorry. In fact, I give Sheridan props -- she used a well-known harasser whom she probably heard about on news reports as a scapegoat for her evil scheme. Um, that's actually good writing because she didn't just hire the rapist. She made it connect and put it within context. Thanks, JER@

• Members

:lol: Look at you...you are so on a roll! No worries though...I'm on your side here...I was refering more to fact that they are trying to make it look like Spike, when it may not be. He knows something though...remember when he showed up at the church the night of Fancy's rape/attack. Talking to Chris he mentioned that Luis would have his hands full, or something along those lines. So, no, he may not have done it, but I wouldn't be suprised if he at least knew about it.

Archived