PSNS: Friday January 5

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Uh, she could still be Beth. Since when has what flashbacks that aired ever mattered. There were times during some montages where we saw images that were dream sequences but played like flashbacks (this happening in a ET montage awhile back).

It could also be Beth flashing back to witnessing that. After all, Shuis's Mexican wedding was put on camera so people back in Harmony could see. Beth and Edna were right there watching it. As for any other memories, Beth was known to stalk Luis and Sheridan so that could be things she picked up while stalking them. Also, Al could've fed Beth some Shuis memories or even showed her some footage. He watches everyone on camera so he could've showed her that if the plot was for her to take over Sheridan's wife and get Luis. Who knows but it is possible and is an out that I agree will probably be used as s shock tactic or a way of getting Sheridan out of complete character destruction.

This is Passions. Anything is possible.

• Members

It's definitely possible, but it's even more feasible that JER has decided to just make Sheridan evil because it fits with the new direction of the show.

It seems like he's going back to the original idea of the Cranes being evil and being cursed to wallow in sorrow; hence, after years of no mention of the Crane curse, a few episodes focused on Tabitha explaining to Endora about the curse and even a new flashback was created. Tabitha was taken out of the Fox/Kay/Miguel plot for the first time in a year just to explain to the audience what was happening to Sheridan and the other Cranes.

Tabby to Endora, foreboding aplenty:”This doesn’t bode well for Fancy and Luis…above all, Sheridan is a Crane and like all Cranes, they hate to lose something or someone they love. Her heart might be breaking now, but it also might be hardening and believe me, a Crane with a hard heart is a ruthless creature indeed!”

"Pain and sorrow curse the Cranes for all eternity."

Additionally, Eve has been commenting about how Cranes turn nasty when they lose lovers and feel threatened.

I don't know much about JER's writing on other shows, but I've read that he is famous for changing character traits for the sake of plots. Perhaps this is just another example

This is a Crane story, not only a Sheridan story. If Sheridan were the only one changing, then I would buy the Beth idea. I'm not saying that he won't make all of the Cranes decent again, but for now this goes beyond Beth. This is an umbrella storyline focusing on Julian, Fox, Sheridan and Chad and how their Crane genes are surfacing without Alistair's direct influence.

• Members

:lol:

I agree! Friday's eppy was great and I loved the non-linear stuff, as you pointed out, where several stories were taking place all at once, in the same house...

I concure 100%...Sheridan is not Beth. IMO, this is much more of a Crane, coming into their dark side, so to speak. Sher, Fox, and even Julian returned, and this has all happened around the same time. Alistair isn't there, Beth isn't there, so 'naturally' we start to see other Cranes filling that role. I like it. It's been enjoyable to watch Mac playing something other than the whiny, naive chica that had swept in for the past couple of years. I think the maternity break did her well.

Mac was smokin' in that dress! What a gorgeous woman.

Here, here...Fox's face was priceless at the end of Thursday's eppy. Depsite this being my LEAST favorite story, there were some ok scenes with them...

*@&$#!! JSF, what are you smokin'? Ethan is such a tool! This is one ex-die-hard E/T fan that can NEVER look at the two of them the same again...

I don't think he is 'bad', per say, but he definitely has some secret out there! Ethan just needs to get his balls back from Gwen and move the heck on!

Who whouldn't.... :P:lol: Chris is DEADweight.....

• Members

Chad's cheating is very out of character, too. The Chad we've known wanted to have sex with his sister...lol...but not with anyone else. He was a devoted guy who traveled to Rome to stop her from hurting herself. Now, look at Chad. If Sheridan is wearing a mask, then so is Chad. In fact, I consider Chad even more destroyed than Sheridan because at least Sheridan has legitimate reasons for becoming psychotic.

There's a hypothesis that Alistair is controlling his family by using the power he was able to get from the chalice. I don't think so, but I think JER could use that as an out if he decided to make the Cranes decent again.

• Members

doh, I even forgot about Chad! :lol: and you're right, yet another, usually cool Crane, has become a much more 'stereotypical' Crane.

i wouldn't really call it out of character, but more of a side that we didn't always see...that just my opinion though...

I could totally see JER pulling something like you mentioned....some power from the Chalice or whatnot, to 'redeem' these characters later on...what ever happened to the rumours that J. Reilly(alistair) was lurking around again? I really think(as I am sure most do)that he is the 'mysterious' shadow we keep seeing....

• Members

Once again, nass, another BRILLIANT post!!

Sorry, Phoenix, but character changes have occurred with Sheridan, Fox and Chad. And Julian, but earlier. This is the real Sheridan. There's no reason to believe otherwise. Why not? Well, because if Sheridan's shift suggests she's Beth, then you MUST say that Fox's shift suggests he's an impostor and the Chad we're seeing on screen also is an impostor since we never had hints he was gay.

• Members

You all beleive what you want. It's probably not intended right now but it's JER's ace in the hole if Sheridan goes to far in the fans' eyes.

This Crane cuse crap is BS. It wasn't even a big thing early on. The only one that was bad was Julian. Yes, Tabitha had a curse on the Cranes to make them suffer but that was it. It's just JER;s way of destroying characters left and right and trying to justify it.

I said Jared wasn't Chad's secret lover and it seems I am right. I said Grace would be the "death' and we know I;m right. Let's see if all of us thinking Sheridan will be revealed as Beth at some point are right. I would like a multiple personality story more to be honest.

Whatever...we'll see. I am so down on this show they could do whatever they want. I only watch out of loyalty to the actors now and that is just plain sad.

Oh, and John Reilly was rumored to be returning around mid-winter I beleive. It's so obvious the shadow is him and that he probably killed JT. Nothing on this show surprises me anymore.

• Members

Sorry, Phoenix, but I still disagree.

Julian wasn't the only evil Crane until now.

Remember back in 2000? It was revealed that the Crane family stole the Russells' farm -- WAY back when. (I think it was a farm but it may have been something else.) Tabitha let TC see a quilt of hers that told that whole story.

Also, speaking from a contemporary point (since that was ages ago, according to the story), yes, "all" the Crane have been construed as evil. How many times the first year of the show did we have to hear Luis and others talk about "those damn Cranes?" Not just Julian, but those damn "CraneS." Perhaps they didn't show their colors back then, but the mean Crane nature is NOT something that JER pulled out of thin air. This does draw from the show's history.

And for that, I say BRAVO.

Archived