The OC is Canceled!

Port Oak Valley

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I couldn't stand her by the end of year one! I was excited that they killed her off last season, particularly after that dreadful 'lesbian' storyline(which was one of the reasons that I stopped watching) with her and that other girl...

• Members

I loved Season 1 but haven't watched since. Sorry to see it go though. Hopefully Fox puts on a real soap that actually does well. I've been craving soaps similar to 90210 and MP for a while now ...

FULL ARTICLE FROM THEFUTONCRITIC:

THE SUN SETS ON THE O.C. WHEN THE SERIES FINALE AIRS THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 22, ON FOX

The sun will set for the last time on THE O.C. when the series ends its four-season run Thursday, Feb. 22 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. The countdown has begun, with all-original episodes airing from Thursday, Jan. 4 through the last episode on Feb. 22.

THE O.C. stars Peter Gallagher (Sandy Cohen), Kelly Rowan (Kirsten Cohen), Benjamin McKenzie (Ryan Atwood), Adam Brody (Seth Cohen), Melinda Clarke (Julie Cooper), Rachel Bilson (Summer Roberts), Autumn Reeser (Taylor Townsend) and Willa Holland (Autumn Reeser).

Set in Orange County, California, THE O.C. premiered in August 2003. It follows a group of friends and families whose lives were changed by the arrival of an outsider Ryan Atwood to their ocean-side community of Newport Beach.

THE O.C. revived the teen drama genre while including humorous and heartfelt adult storylines. Shortly after its summer premiere, THE O.C. was a pop culture phenomenon its actors are household names and its indie music (and subsequent six soundtracks) and hip California wardrobe are sought-after in stores. The shows Newport Beach locale also has become a popular tourist attraction as fans visit the real locations featured in their favorite episodes.

"THE O.C. Season Four finale will also be the series finale. This feels like the best time to bring the show to its close, said Josh Schwartz, creator and executive producer of THE O.C. Thanks to the hard work of our cast, crew and writers, we have enjoyed our best season yet, and what better time to go out than creatively on top. It has been an amazing experience and a great run. For a certain audience, at a certain time, THE O.C. has meant something. For that we are grateful."

From Wonderland Sound and Vision and College Hill Pictures and in association with Warner Bros. Television Production, THE O.C. is executive-produced by Josh Schwartz, Bob DeLaurentis, Stephanie Savage and McG. Ian Toynton and John Stevens are co-executive producers.

• Members

The OC without Marissa was... spectacular. I don't know how else to describe it. They kept getting worse as season 2 and 3 progressed and then BAM! Dead!Marissa and season 4 blossoms into a show that's not only worth watching but that's funny, and smart and disturbingly entertaining.

• Members
Goodbye, O.C.

The critical buzz on The O.C.'s cancellation and Carly Simon.
By Doree Shafrir
Updated Thursday, Jan. 4, 2007, at 12:01 PM ET

The O.C. cancelled. Fox pulled the plug on the fourth season of the once-popular series about Southern California teenagers; the last episode airs Thursday, Feb. 22. The Washington Post's Lisa de Moraes notes acerbically, "Fox started the new year right, announcing yesterday it was putting onetime sensation The O.C. out of its misery next month." The OrganGrinder blog at the Guardian (United Kingdom) goes along with the general consensus, remarking that the series' "great premise" nonetheless "had no legs and ended up rehashing the same situations and storylines as the second and third seasons progressed." But on The Watcher blog, the Chicago Tribune's Maureen Ryan prefers to reminisce about a happier time in Orange County, imploring, "Let's use this moment to remember that, in its heyday, The O.C. was a delightful bit of escapism."

• Members

I first heard the news at Dave Navarro's blog...weird I know.

Marissa had her issues, but she wasn't as painful to watch as Taylor. IMO

Exactly what planet is that girl from?

I hated it when Luke left too. He was LOTS cuter than Ryan and Seth. IMO

The only show I'll be left with other than the news is Ghost Whisperer.

Unless that's cancelled too. ???????

Bye OC. I hope Mischa, Adam, and Chris Carmack turn up in more movies.

164119__oc_l.jpg

Archived